Severe acne

I have had a clear skin with occasional breakouts. I used to take Isotretinoin 20mg and Azithromycin(500mg) and a Benzoyl Peroxide based soap and Clindamycin ointment. Recently in my anxiety to get rid of my acne scars, I used Mederma, that cleared my skin but again, I started getting severe acne. So, I took Isotretinoin 20mg and Azithromycin. But it didn't work.Also, I discontinued the Isotretinoin course and took this ointment, Persol Forte ( Benzoyl Peroxide with ppt Sulfur). It made my skin red and pimples worse. Moreover my skin started peeling and looked even worse. Then my doctor advised me to take Isotretinoin 20mg with Benzoyl Peroxide and a gel based cleanser, which didn't work at all. My regular doctor prescribed me Tretinoin cream 30 mg, Azithromycin (500mg thrice in a week) and Benzoyl Peroxide soap. It's been a month. My skin is getting worse everyday. I have red bumps and pustules all over my cheeks. Acne isn't under control and new ones are also surfacing! I feel depressed. Please help
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I just sharing my experience in here. Actually 3 Months ago i was suffered about Acne problem. Then my friend was told me that she use Himani BOROPLUS Anti Acne cream and it's good worked about her. I trust her, that's why i used this acne cream and yes i was quite relief from my acne. Himani BOROPLUS ANTI ACNE cream is a herbal product, pimple free and no side effect cream. I use it continue and quite relax about Acne. If anybody suffer with Acne problem, you can try this cream. Thank you.
Helpful - 0
Okay... I have had acne from ages 15-25.  My acne was slight on my face, but moderate on my back.  This is what I have done:

In summary what I have been doing:
1. No more coffee in my diet.
2. No more dairy in my diet.
3. No more diet softdrinks in my diet.
4. No more refined flour in my diet, and I am greatly reducing the amount of bread products I am eating.
5. I bought a juicer, and have my lemon juice every single morning first thing.  
6. I have been washing my back with lemon juice... Not only is this killing the bacteria, it also sped up the time
of that "after redness' and discoloration of the skin where a pimple once was.
7. I have been exercising daily.  I have been doing both cardio, and yoga.
8. I use a towel 3 times only, after the 3rd use, It's time for a new towel.
9. Also when I towel my body, i 'pat' my skin dry rather than rub it dry.  This will help retain moisture in the skin.  And also not spread dead skin cells across you which my plug a pore.
10. I clean my bed sheets, blankets, and pillow case once a week.  In addition to that, I only wear clean clothes when it's bedtime, and I shower before bed, so I am clean before I go into my bed.
11. I have been drinking my 8 glasses of water a day.
12. I wear 3 shirts a day...  1 after my shower and before my bed, 1 after i get out of bed and go off for my day, and 1 after i workout.  (I know showering would help after my workout but then i just want to have 1 shower a day, not 2).
13.Hair... I wash my hair daily, and I wash it first when I shower.  The bacteria will rinse off on my body, and the bacteria will wash all over my body out of my hair.  If you want try something like head and shoulders shampoo, which is a bit harsher shampoo but will kill more bacteria rather than just 'wash it out'.  But it's also a harsher shampoo.  Or use an anti-bacterial shampoo.
14. Daily supplements... Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Garlic Oil, Zinc, Omega 3, Cal/Mag/Zinc, probiotic supplement.
15. 2 cups of green tea daily, in the morning a caffeinated cup, in the evening a decaffeinated cup.
16. Getting that 8 hours of sleep, and those 8 glasses of water.
17. Also I haven't been drinking any alcohol at all.
18. I have also been avoiding legumes, peanuts, etc.
19. One surprise is that I still include my one piece of dark chocolate (85%) cocoa
20. No soy products.
21. I have been eating more fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions