Acne Community

Sore lumps under skin

I am a 26 year old female with two kids, 3yrs & 1 yr 10 months respectively. I am not on family planning and I do not drink or smoke. I develop sore lumps under my skin that feel hard on pressing. These disappear after 3-4 days leaving a visible dark sport size of a shirt button. They are intermitant occurring at intervals stretching  from weeks to months. they occur on any part of the body. currently they have popped up on the sole of my right leg (two lumps), on the thigh (one lump) and on the palm of my hand.
Our GP referred us to a dermatologist who put me on a 30 day course of medication saying it will clear but did not. He then took a sample of the affected area by cutting off some skin for tests. Nothing materialised of the tests as the doc said there was nothing there. the spots vanished and have come up again almost six months later. The doc ruled out any food allergies from his tests. What do we do? please help
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Skin lesions such as you mentioned could indeed be due to a variety of issues such as allergic reaction, irritation, infection,  skin conditions and can also be associated to underlying medical illnesses. It is good that you were able to see a dermatologist. If the medication and biopsy done did not help, a second dermatologist's opinion may be needed. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. A journal to identify the possible triggers may also help. Your occupation and environmental conditions are also important factors to consider. Take care and do keep us posted.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions