Tooth paste for pimples

Does anybody knows if tooth paste works agains acne's pimples?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I tried, but, sincerely, it doesn't work
Helpful - 0
No. Don't apply toothpaste to your skin, its ingredients will irritate and discolor your skin and it will not dry the blemish. Instead try ByeByeBlemish Drying Lotion, Freederm or another good over the counter product. If acne is a real problem speak to your doctor about a prescription acne gel like Duac or Differin. If this does not help ask your doctor about a course of oral antibiotics like minocycline. Avoid the progesterone only mini pill or Depo shot and instead take an anti-androgen pill such as Diane35.
Eloise x
Helpful - 0
My niece just bought an acne pen for he pimples. She brought it to the house. I can't get over the products they make for acne these days. I may try hers when she is over again on my husbands back, but I am also looking for the spray Loiloi suggested
Helpful - 0
Let me know if the pen works, another member has mentioned this to me. The Clinique Chest & Back spray is available online and in stores. They also make an antibacterial soap your husband could use in the shower. He should consider seeing his doctor about oxytetracycline, as stubborn acne may require both oral and topical treatment to clear it.
Eloise xXx
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions