Acne Community

What do you think caused your cystic acne?

The cause of cystic acne is no different than typical acne. At the time of puberty, hormonal changes occur that result in inflammation involving the sebaceous glands of the face, chest, and back.
My cystic self did not show its ugly face until I was diagnosed with a cystic tumor occupying almost all of my left kidney. At present 10/3/16, the remaining kidney is at least 20 percent home to 3 or 4 cystic tumors. Treatment for this kidney's condition is in debate at present. My history of facial skin conditions has never been an issue, until multi-cystic kidney disease has developed. Cysts, and not just acne have also reared their ugly heads on my face. It must be connected, probably along with nerves.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions