Acne Community
5.39k Members
Avatar universal

What is This on my face ?

I am a 29 year old woman , something is all over my face I was told it's a rash but I can see more scars daily ,there lines and circular indentions on one side on the other side huge holes and my cheek is dented in, Its almost like something is eating my skin!!!I have posted pics. does anyone know anything about what this is? please help
3 Responses
Avatar universal
It may not be possible to confirm the cause of your symptoms merely on the basis of a picture. It seems that you have scarring on the face. Scars occur at the site of tissue damage .They appear as firm red to purple fibrous tissue that over time usually becomes flatter and lighter in color. They occur after accidental injuries,surgeries,burns and scalds .The few common types of scars are hpertrophic scars, keloid scars pitted ,atrophic or 'ice-pick' scars  and contracture scars .
Hypertrophic scars are red, raised scars that form along a wound.
Keloids are caused by an excess of scar tissue produced at the site of the wound where the scar grows beyond the boundaries of the original wound, even after the wound has healed.
Pitted scars cause a sunken appearance.
Contracture scars are caused by the skin shrinking and tightening, usually after a burn, which can restrict movements.
A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and treatment of your condition. Depending on the type and age of a scar there are a variety of different treatments which can help make them less visible and improve their appearance.
There are no medicated creams to remove scars; you have other options like surgery, where scars can be cut out and stitched up, a process called scar revision.
Laser surgery & resurfacing or Steroid injections are other options. A long term course of steroid injections under medical supervision, into the scar may help flatten and soften the appearance of keloid or hypertrophic scars.
This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Consult a dermatologist .I sincerely hope it helps. Keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and regards!
Avatar universal
My face get more scars daily it's not just scars it's scaly bumps and what ever it is ,is destroying my skin I can literally whatch the scars get deeper and deeper the lower parts of my face is completely untouched scar free no bumps at all . What im asking is , is there a specific skin infection that causes circular scars and lines or cracks in your skin.
Also there were never any bumps or anything where the circular scars have appeared !
it's like they appeared out of nowhere, that norrow it down at all?
Avatar universal
he circular indentions im referring to are not the holes u see in the pic I have had a cyst that kept coming bck and getting so big it would burst and leave a hole I know what those are from im talking about the circular indentions u can also see those in the pic.

Thanks so much for your help
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions