Acne Community

Will going on Accutane prevent a surgical scar from healing well?

My son is three months out from surgery on his right forearm for a bad break. He started taking Accutane for acne 10 days before the break then promptly stopped at the request of the surgeon & dermatologist to allow his bones to heal. They both feel he is healed enough to start up again (his acne is back & he is desperate to try this treatment). I'm worried because this drug dries your skin out, it may be counter productive to his scars healing as well as they would otherwise. He has two, large scars (about 10" in length) on his right forearm. I know I can keep it moist from the outside with topical treatments, but is that enough? I don't want to trade one problem in for another! I would appreciate any advice! Thank you ... worried mama
That's a scary drug for sure.  I've known people who thought it was great until it thinned out their hair permanently.  It can cause permanently dry skin and all sorts of serious problems.  I know acne is terrible, but sometimes tea tree oil works well on acne.   Hemp oil has been used for acne - you might want to try that first.  
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions