acne problems

please tell me how to get  rid of these dirty pimples. i m totally unhappy wid my skin and i want the thing that really help me in getting rid of this problems please tell me some thing.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Hi monu1992. I had an awful acne condition for the past 5 years and nothing seemed to work. Then I discovered that if I stopped eating chicken and beef, and replaced it with fish of various kinds like salmon, perch and mahi mahi, my acne almost completely cleared up. I also lost some weight which was an added boost to my self-esteem. Now I can live like myself again.  
Helpful - 0
It could be a number of things that are causing the acne.  If you're under 20, most likely it's still your hormones trying to balance out.  If you're a female, acne can occur monthly when menstruation hormones fluctuate.  Another thing to consider is that your skin may not be acneic, it could be extremely sensitive and the products you are currently using are wreaking havoc on your pores.

If you have the ability, I would encourage you to see a facialist or aesthetician for monthly facial treatments.  You don't have to get sucked into buying the products, but learn of some of the ingredients he/she uses on your skin.  You may find a close equivalent at your local drug store.  Regardless, drink a lot of water.  Just when you think you've had a enough, drink more.  Water cleanses out the toxins in your skin and other organs.  Also take a multivitamin for your age group/sex, and take vitamins and supplements that support skin health and immune system health.

Any new treatment or change in diet will usually take about three weeks for a noticeable difference.  Be patient.  (BTW, don't bother purchasing the Answr Beam - doesn't work!)  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions