acne scar cure?

i am havin acne scar what  are possible remedies?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree Retin-a is great for helping to slowly shed the red marks left from acne scars, but it's a slow process and will have little-no effect on pitted scars. It also leaves your skin very red and flaky for quite a few months (make sure you moisturize, with a ph balancing, perfume-free cream).

But, the only way to get rid of (or at least greatly minimize) pitted scarring is via Carbon Dioxide Laser, Fraxel laser or a course of medium to deep peels. Dermabrasion can also work very well but it's very invasive, so I wouldn't personally recommend it unless your scarring is exceptionally bad.

I have personally had the Carbon Dioxide Laser, so I can say from experience that it really does work wonders . It gave me back my beautiful scar-less skin.
Helpful - 0
Hi.
The best treatment for post-acne scarring is a topical retinoid called Retin-a (tretinoin). This will also clear any remaining active acne.
Like all topical retinoids, Retin-a can cause skin sensitivity at first, so use a bland soap-free cleanser whilst using this product.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions