acne scar repair

Am contemplating co2 laser treatment for ice pick acne scars.
Have some "rolling" hills too.
have already tried "Fraxel" -  not impressed
have recently read about subcision for releasing damaged dermal.
Is  co2 laser treatment the same as Fraxel?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know that everyone is different but I had a bad experience.  I had the Co2 Affirm done for what was a small scar on my cheek a month ago.  Soon after the treatment I developed two cysts in the area.  During my follow up exam my doctor told me that cysts are one of the possible side effects. (I wish I had known that going in.)  For some reason, my scar is now twice as big as it was to begin with and the skin in the surrounding area still has not fully healed.  I am hoping with time things will resolve themselves but there are no guarantees. I went to a reputable cosmetic dermatologist.  Affirm was explained to me as an easy fix for what was an almost unnoticeable problem but it turned out to be anything but the miracle cure I expected.  Personally, I wish I had never gone through with it.  Everyone's skin is different though - just be sure you are fully aware of the risks going in.  If you decide to proceed see if it is possible for the dr to test it out on a small area somewhere other than the center focus of your face to see how your skin reacts.
Helpful - 0
Scars will fade over time, but hay I'm only 14 and I have scars from pimples, ALL OVER my back. EW!! I hate it but I just live with it, I've got scars on my face too and really the only one who sees them is me. And same with eveyone else. I don't know anyone has scars until they show me veary up close. Even then I don't see them so No one will see it. And they do fade over time but I say just leave it and if needed use cover up.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions