Acne Community

acne

I break out very often and I need to know what to use on my skin I am A aferican American fealmale
Hi. If your skin is oily use a good cleanser for oily skin such as Sparkling Clean by Estee Lauder. Over the counter acne remedies such as Clinique's Blemish Solutions (contains salicylic acid) may help. If not see your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline 250mg twice daily to kill acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
You don't say how old you are, but female acne patients under 35 will benefit from taking an anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as Diane35/Dianette or Yasmin/Yaz. These block the action of acne-causing hormones on the skin. If you are over 35 or prefer not to use birth control your doctor can prescribe a non-hormonal anti-androgen called Spironolactone.
If acne does not respond to a fair trial of the above medicines, your GP may refer you to a dermatologist for Oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane).
Best Wishes, Eloise.
Hi there,
visit your doctor - there are a lot of good acne treatments around.
Best wishes,
Thomas

You should think about how your diet relates to acne.  

Can you let me know if any of the following are in your diet?  In most cases of acne at least one of the following is in the diet.

1. Refined sugars, refined flours.
2. Caffeinated beverages
3. Dairy (includes ALL dairy, milk, cheese, milk chocolate)
4. Alcohol

Or even smoking can affect your acne.  I'm trying to get this message across because the head of this forum still thinks that acne is completely unrelated to diet.

Please read my thread that I created, I think you will find many many tips on helping your acne.

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions