Acne Community

acne

i wash my face three times a day and it wont go awaywhat can i do
Hi.
Washing alone is not going to heal acne, since it is not caused by dirt. Acne occurs when the patient has high levels of androgens (hormones such as testosterone). Androgens stimulate the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin. Bacteria on the skin feed off this oil (called sebum) blocking the pores and resulting in spots. You cannot wash all the bacteria away because they multiply too quickly.
First try over the counter acne remedies containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide (Clean & Clean, Clearasil etc). If these do not result in total skin clearance see your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline and a prescription-strength gel such as Differin.
Best Wishes, Eloise.
Please do not use clean & clear and clearssil those are a WASTE of money.. seriously I had acne for over 10 years ive tried all those. Garbage... Anywase I finally found something and for once its not a treatment its a prevention. Which is what I want. I do have treatment gel for at night. But most important is my clinique 3 step system. 3 products that work wonders together. Cleanser (really cleans your face), exforliator (control oils and removes dead skin) and your gel moisturiser. Its important to moisturize even if you have oily skin we just have to use an oil-free moisturizer. Do these 3 steps twice a day you will be amazed. I will never ever waste money on other products. These guys are all I need. Took me long enough to find something that actually works. You will also notice the first week your skin is very soft and even. So good luck. Check out youtube for reviews on the products. Or check out the clinique website. Message me if you have any other questions!
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions