Acne Community
how can i get rid of acne
This is my eleventh year since i had acne, now i'm 24. I've been trying to get rid of it for a long time. I had my first visit to the Dermatologist and prescribed some medication for my acne and i've been using it for 3 months now and i see a little dufference. Go see a dermatologist for help. Good luck
Hi...  The acne solution for some people is quite complex.  I could talk about it for hours... Please ask any questions if you have any.  

I have had acne from age 15-25... I still have acne if I DON'T follow the following rules.  In fact... I can occasionally break some of these rules and my acne won't come back... but if I break multiple rules everyday and change my habits back to acne causing habits I know my acne will return... because this is my genetic makeup... i have oily skin, skin doesn't shed very efficiently for me, and my liver is sluggish.

If you follow all of these rules, I"m about 99% sure you will be acne free.  You don't need to see a dermatologist.  The dermatologist won't tell you anything about cleaning your acne from the inside out besides prescribing anti-biotics.

In summary what I have been doing:
1. No more coffee in my diet.
2. No more dairy in my diet.
3. No more diet softdrinks in my diet.
4. No more refined flour in my diet, and I am greatly reducing the amount of bread products I am eating.
5. I bought a juicer, and have my lemon juice every single morning first thing.  
6. I have been washing my back with lemon juice... Not only is this killing the bacteria, it also sped up the time
of that "after redness' and discoloration of the skin where a pimple once was.
7. I have been exercising daily.  I have been doing both cardio, and yoga.
8. I use a towel 3 times only, after the 3rd use, It's time for a new towel.
9. Also when I towel my body, i 'pat' my skin dry rather than rub it dry.  This will help retain moisture in the skin.  And also not spread dead skin cells across you which my plug a pore.
10. I clean my bed sheets, blankets, and pillow case once a week.  In addition to that, I only wear clean clothes when it's bedtime, and I shower before bed, so I am clean before I go into my bed.
11. I have been drinking my 8 glasses of water a day.
12. I wear 3 shirts a day...  1 after my shower and before my bed, 1 after i get out of bed and go off for my day, and 1 after i workout.  (I know showering would help after my workout but then i just want to have 1 shower a day, not 2).
13.Hair... I wash my hair daily, and I wash it first when I shower.  The bacteria will rinse off on my body, and the bacteria will wash all over my body out of my hair.  If you want try something like head and shoulders shampoo, which is a bit harsher shampoo but will kill more bacteria rather than just 'wash it out'.  But it's also a harsher shampoo.  Or use an anti-bacterial shampoo.
14. Daily supplements... Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Garlic Oil, Zinc, Omega 3, Cal/Mag/Zinc, probiotic supplement.
15. 2 cups of green tea daily, in the morning a caffeinated cup, in the evening a decaffeinated cup.
16. Getting that 8 hours of sleep, and those 8 glasses of water.
17. Also I haven't been drinking any alcohol at all.
18. I have also been avoiding legumes, peanuts, etc.
19. One surprise is that I still include my one piece of dark chocolate (85%) cocoa
20. No soy products.
21. I have been eating more fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions