Acne Community

blemishes and uneven skin tone

I desperately need some help! I'm 17 and I'm extremely pale, therefore, when a dark spot, red blemish and blackhead appears upon the skin, it's highly visible! I do wear make up so it helps me with my confidence and hides the dark or red marks however, It depresses me, looking in the mirror! I will literally avoid any kind of mirror when I'm at home and I'm without make up because my face looks so bad with these dark areas and red blemishes all over, it takes my confidence down another level and I find it impossible to leave the house without make up! What can I do to get rid of these marks and possibly reduce any further spots? I seriously need advice and help, thank you
Okay so start off with eating a healthy diet. What you put in your body shows through your skin so if you're eating clean healthy foods your skin will show that but if you are eating junk food your face will start to look like that pizza you had. Next is getting all the toxins out of your body (they will cause acne). Drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day to flush them out and if you eat some junk food that day drink 2 glasses more (junk food and candy is okay in moderation just make sure you drink extra water to flush the toxins out).

Skin care: your skin needs a regimen that you stick to religiously. (I'll use mine for example that cleared my acne up within a few weeks).  I wash my face morning and night with a gentle facial cleanser (Cetaphil daily facial cleanser; found at Walgreens and Walmart). I also use a clairisonic to was my face but your hands will do (although they are amazing! You should really think about investing in one, I've had mine for 3 years and it works and looks like it was just purchased). Every time I'm done washing my face I use a toner (Stridex sensitive acne clearing pads) this helps remove any extra dirt/oil from the skin and treats acne with the salicylic acid it contains. Next would be a spot treatment for active pimples. There are two types: ones with salicylic acid and ones with benzoyl peroxide. I find benzoyl doesn't work for me so I use salicylic acid but your skin may react differently. My favorite spot treatment is the Estée Lauders Clear difference Targeted Acne Treatment (35 dollars). It clears the pimples up over night or something's two nights if it's a cystic pimple.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions