difficult acne

i'm 24 years old and gets sudden break outs of acne. It appears mostly around my chin and under my neck. could certain foods i eat be the cause of that?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is unlikely that diet is the cause. Acne occurs when androgens (hormones) stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce oil. Oil mixes with bacteria on the skin and inflammed acne spots occur.
An effective treatment will therefore target the hormonal imbalance, excess oil or bacteria.
Talk to your doctor about the various treatments available. An oral antibotic such as Oxytetracycline will kill the acne bacteria. An acne gel such as Duac (clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) will dry up the oil. Female patients will benefit from an anti-androgen contraceptive pill.
Eloise.
Helpful - 0
If you are female, are these outbreaks associated with your menstrual cycle?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions