howto get rid of acne?

i have tried everything. Every acne free cream, home remedies but nothing seems to work how do i get rid of acne quickly?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had really really really bad acne and the thing that did it for me to get rid of it is these pills called Clarus i took them for two months and all my acne was gone i was cover there were on my stomach back alllll over my face so go to your doctor and ask him about clarus
Helpful - 0
Hi. You don't say specifically what you have tried, but below are some of the most effective medicines for treating and preventing acne:

Duac gel (Benzoyl peroxide and Clindamycin).
Differin gel (adapalene).
Oral antibiotics (eg: Oxytetracycline 250mg twice a day. If this is ineffective after 3 months another antibiotic may be tried such as Erythromycin or Lymecycline).
Dianette/Diane35 oral contraceptive pill (female acne patients only).
Accutane/Roaccutane (Oral Isotretinoin, this is only prescribed if other treatments have resulted in failure or relapse).

Eloise.
Helpful - 0
go to a dermatologist.
otherwise, if you wear makeup, that makes my acne much worse. so try buying more expensive makeup or else cutting it out!
Helpful - 0
I have had acne since a teenager (I was given antibiotics long term - probably not done now- and this is not good for your health).   I would mostly get spots now every month.  These have complications and leave marks.   However I tried Acnezine and it worked for me.   When I have not been working however and could not afford it I looked at the ingredients and saw that it was mostly vitamin e.   Since then I buy VITAMIN E OIL from the Health Shop for about £5 a bottle (lasts ages) and this has again solved the problem at least almost as well.  I just have to remember to take it each day - just a few drops of it or slightly more.
Helpful - 0
milk of magnesia. its not a cure but its helped me more than any of the topical rubbish theyv given me has, and has made a sig difference for me. i use it in the morning and evening on cotton wool. u can buy it at the supermarket for a couple of quid.
Helpful - 0
trythis what do u do with the vit e oil? put it on ur skin?
Helpful - 0
Consider that there's a reason why you have acne.  
Acne is a reaction to something, maybe something in your diet.

Try cutting dairy and wheat (specifically wheat gluten) out completely.  That was my answer.  

No amount of medication is going to cover up a major problem like an intolerance to a food you eat almost daily.

Helpful - 0
i dont think thats true. iv tried everything, i eat healthy, i dont have food intolerances and its never got better, so i dont think saying its a reaction to something your doing or eating is correct, at least not in all cases.
Helpful - 0
Some tips to get rid of acne.

• Neem is used for the treatment of all sorts of skin problems. It contains Nimbidol and Gedunin, which have very good fungicidal properties. Neem has proved to be beneficial in skin disorders such as warts, scabies, psoriasis, eczema, and even dandruff. It is extremely effective in acne treatment.

• Orange peel has been found very effective in the local treatment of acne. mixed well with water on a piece of stone, the peel should be applied to the affected areas.
Helpful - 0
Acne is a way for the body to get rid of the toxins. When the liver and the kidneys are overloaded with toxins, the next the body does is to use the skin to take the toxins out. Of course depending on the genetics of the person, the body can come up variety of ways to take the toxins out. Fungus which come out within the toes is another way. Have you ever tried going on a cleansing diet ? No dairy, no wheat, just fruits, vegetables & nuts ?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions