is this just acne or rosacea??

have have red bumps all over my forehead,chin,nose and small area of mt cheeks...im nt sure if this is just acne or have i got rosacea??ive got redness over my nose and forehead area since a year!!and by d way im 15 yrs.....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A complete clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and a management of your condition. It may not be possible merely on the basis of a picture. Few common differentials for your symptoms are lupus, rosacea and acne. In SLE the malar rash usually starts at the bridge of the nose as a flat or raised redness that may be itchy and scaling. This may be aggravated by sun exposure. This is usually accompanied by other criteria that will fit the picture of SLE. Rosacea on the other hand also may present as a butterfly patterned rash over the face. The skin is red and pustules (small bumps with pus) and comedones are not present. It has a symmetrical involvement over the brows, chin, cheeks nose and ears. Acne is also a possibility. Discuss your concerns with your dermatologist. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause.
Best luck and regards!
Helpful - 0
thanks.. :)
Helpful - 0
Try neem soap.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions