Acne Community

knot on leg

I have had a lump on my leg and another just below my waist line...they are raised but when touch they feel soft..dark in color...hurt and sometimes they burn..and seep out infection..everytime that happens another lump appears next to the one already the...any advice? My dr. Put me on bactrim but it didn't do anything for this.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description or a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include abscesses, cysts, growths/ masses etc. If there is an infection suspected and the anti-biotic isn’t helpful, it is advised to run a culture and sensitive and change the antibiotic to a sensitive one or with increased infection surgical drainage may be required. I would suggest getting this examined by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I went to the hospital the dr lanced the knots open.did a culture and it came back ok.i also seen my pcp and he wants me to get a diabetes blood test done because even after having them lanced open and antibiotics I am still getting the same type of knots on my legs and they won't heal..thanks for replying back.
I have had these 2 knots on my outside lower calfs of both legs forever as far back as I can remember. They do not hurt and they are the size of a fire ball. They are not hard, but very soft, and they are there when I am mostly standing. When I lay down, I do not see them. What can they be coming from?
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions