Acne Community

punch "biopsy" before or after laser resurfacing

I saw a plastic surgeon who offered co2 laser resurfacing and punches for the deeper pitted scars (which I have about a dozen of.) In what order should this be done?I also have lots of blackheads and large pores (on my nose mostly) and I am almost 50. The worst of the the scarring is on my cheeks.   He said I could go either way but I want to know what standard procedure is. Also should I have the small pitted scars subscised 1st?
gcm
Hi. The first thing I would do is to clear up the remaining acne/blackheads on your nose.
Does the clinic you visited offer a procedure for this? If not have you spoken to a beautician about extracting them, or your doctor about clearing them up with a topical synthetic retinoid?
When you have no active acne remaining, proceed with clearing the scars.
Are you male or female? I was wondering if your oily skin was hormonal in cause or has it been persistant throughout your life?
Eloise.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions