red sore spot

I noticed a red pimple like spot about 2 inchs below my armpit and aout 3 inchs from my breast onthe left side around 3 pm today. It does not itch and only hurt if touched. By around 7 pm it started to look like a small whole, no I did not try to pop it. I tried to keep my arm from touching it because of the pain. Around 8pm it started to burn but the redness was going away. Should I be worried or not? It still hurts if touched.
Best Answer
Hi there!

This could be an infection/ inflammation of the hair follicle/ sebaceous gland. I would suggest keeping the area clean and dry and avoid using external products like talc etc. You may also try antibiotics ointments like erythromycin/ clindamycin. If this does not seem to get better in a week you may consider an evaluation by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for appropriate treatment.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Forgot to mention it does not itch at all
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions