strange red pump around pubic hair.

i never have sex before, but i have a little red pump around my pubic hairs, what could it be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is common to get little bumps in this area due to the hair follicles there. Use a bland cleanser in the bath or shower such as Eucerin or baby bubble bath. Pat the area dry, do not rub and never share towels or flannels with anyone. Applying a cream which contains zinc such as Sudocrem will help. Wear cotton underwear not nylon or silk and wear no underwear in bed.
When you start having sex always use a condom.
Eloise x
Helpful - 0
thanks! i also once have a red dot around my pubic hair.... it was about the size of a baby pinky, what is it?
Helpful - 0
Spots in this area can be distressing, but what you describe sounds harmless. Buy a pot of Sudocrem, it is used for diaper rash but is also good for acne, eczema and other blemishes. You only need to apply a little bit so it lasts for ages, and the zinc it contains will heal these sorts of skin ailments.
Eloise x
Helpful - 0
thanks again!
Helpful - 0
If it's the size of the tip of your finger it is probably an in-grown hair. I remember when I was about 14 and I had to have my mom look at my "stuff" cause I had a bump like that. She squeezed it which hurt like hell, but after the gunk was drained, you could see a hair poking out of the sore. She plucked it with tweezers and put diaper cream on it and it was completly healed in about 2 days. Oh, the traumas of adolescence. LOL.
Helpful - 0
lol
Helpful - 0
I think am happy that am not alone in this situation. I will do what loiloi said. loads of thanks
Helpful - 0
u have aids ):
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions