what to do for acne

hi, i went to a derm, he prescribed be a course of doxycycline and topical treatments of cetpahil cleansing lotion and zineryt. he also stated that i should take minerva 35, however i am scared to do so for obvius reasons, the side effects and the acne coming back after i stop the pill. i have been taking the doxy for about 2 weeks now and and using the topical creams. i havent had breakouts but i still see some fine pimples on my face. how do i get rid of that? also i need something for my marks that i have on my cheeks as i only have had acne on my cheeks.
please recommend something that can WORK, as i am tired of having ugly skin!! thanks in advance
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm 21 with a 5yr old who's always saying mama what's wrong with your face? My face was never like this. I don't have nasty bumps jut little ones I guess called a pimple anyways they have spread all over my face. I do not know why. I stress over them tho I know that doesn't help any. Also I have the mirana bc and it's about time to get it removed. Idk if thats doing it? All I know is is someone can help plz help me fix my face!!!!
Helpful - 0
To prevent form acne problems you can use homemade acne remedies which is much more affordable, one of the best and working treatment is Oatmeal that has astringent properties and you can use it to help remove impurities from the skin.Other treatment is Aloe vera that have a great natural product to be use against acne because of its anti bacteria and anti inflammatory properties.And if you not able to do that than Lemon juice can also help to kill the bacteria on affected area.These are just some methods you can use to treat your acne but prevention is always better than cure.
Helpful - 0
Try Retino Ac gel if it suits your skin type. My acne problem is gone. I have been suffering from it since the age of 15. But now my skin is clear. Just wash your skin with luke warm water 2-3 times a day or use face wash when returning home from outdoors.
Don't touch your acne with fingers. Let them heal on their own.
Doxycycline is antibiotic i suppose. Don't continue it's course for too long. It can develop antibiotic resistance.
One thing more which I have observed. Don't think about your acne too much. Don't watch your face again and again in the mirror. Stop worrying. Assume your skin to be clean and free of acne. It works.
Good Luck
Helpful - 0
Unfortunately with any and ALL acne meds, when you go off of them, acne can come back. So you have to come to except that you may need to alter your life until your 30's when your skin may stay clear. I took 2 courses of Accutane and I have to be on Differin forever to keep my skin clear. I know it *****, but acne *****!
Helpful - 0
im not sure why he suggested minerva, i read about the side effects and didnt like it, plus i saw first hand what bcp can do, so dats y im looking for an alternative, thanks for the mark fading cream, will try that,
Helpful - 0
oh and I found that  Acnefree Severe Scar Fade and Erase with hydroquinone works awesome for fading acne marks!
Helpful - 0
Did he say why Minerva? Is that a good one for acne? I have been trying to find a bc pill to help with my acne because topical creams have not worked....all the bc pills I have tried havent worked out so far. The side effects were worse than the acne but I havent tried minerva yet...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions