Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what treatment should i have ?

in 2004 i had a laser facial hair removal treatment that didnt work at all. actually the hair got only worst and it left me with black spots that wont go untill now.
and the worst part is i tried all the possibles ways of hair removal that doesnt get my skin to irritate and i couldnt find anything.
the result: dark spots resulting from the laser treatment, spots from acne, and spots from irritated skin after every hair removal procedure.
i have been to several dermatologist and i tried a lot of different creams but nothing seems to work.
i have dark mediterenean type of skin.
what should i do ?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
309783 tn?1271958229
Use bland cleansing and moisturising products which are suitable for damaged post-laser skin. La Roche-Posay make a great range.
For uneven skin tone use Clinique's Even Better Skin Tone Corrector which is suitable for all ethnicities.
If your skin cannot tolerate topical products try oral antibiotics for your acne such as Oxytetracycline or Erythromycin.
Are you male or female?
Eloise.
Helpful - 0
iam female. 21 years old.
and the laser treatment i had it 3 years ago so does this post-laser product still be effective ??
Helpful - 0
309783 tn?1271958229
Have you tried taking an anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as Diane35 ? Acne and excess hair occurs when androgens (male hormones found in both male and females) stimulate the sebaceous (oil) glands and hair follicles. Taking Diane35 will block the action of androgens and reduce acne and facial hair without the irritation associated with topical or laser treatments. Ask your doctor for this.
You should still use products for post-laser skin as your skin is still showing signs of damage.
Eloise.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions