Acne Community

yucky skin

i have had acne for years.  i am in my thirties and now my face seems oilier than ever. in the past 2 weeks i have had 3 eruptions of these very sore white head things that just wont pop. the first 2 gave me a mrsa scare. doctor even started me on meds to treat it. culture came back negative. this third area i have beem leaving alone. the area is swollen and yellowish under the skin. i have been doing warm compresses and it leaks a clearish yellowish stuff that makes a very ugly scab. so another hot compress and the  skin comes off. i have these things that look like white heads but they wont come out. there are like 7 in a concentrated area all painful and gross. what is up with my face
Hi there!

This sounds like cystic acne though other possibilities such as infections, a few skin conditions etc and secondary issues like hormonal imbalance etc may need to be considered. Cystic acne is unlikely to respond to OTC medications and it is best advised to consult a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions