Bruising around lymph nodes

I have bruising around my lymph node areas on my body. They are about the size of a pencil easer and they form a circle around each lymph node area.  I have them under my armpits on my neck groin area stomach etc. It really concerns me and I hurt all over and so fatigue. My doctor has never seen this type of symptom before. What could cause this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
What you have is probably intertrigo which is an inflammation (rash) appearing in the body folds like groin, back of knee, neck, axilla/armpit etc. It can be red and raw-looking, and  may itch, ooze, and be sore. It can be a bacterial, viral or fungal infection. Please keep the area clean, dry and apply some topical antiseptics. OTC anti allergics will help. You can apply topical creams with zinc oxide and mild steroids and see if it helps. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals can be applied (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%). Many OTC products containing these salts are available, your pharmacist can help. Try a combination of two and apply until the infection you see disappears. Other than that it can be an allergic reaction to something. Sweat dermatitis too is a possibility. For confirmed diagnosis please consult a skin specialist. Take care!
Helpful - 0
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesions. Possibilities that may need to be considered include subcutaneous bruising, skin necrosis, initiation of cutaneous erythropoiesis, dermal invasion of cells etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a dermatologist at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis. If no cause is apparent on clinical examination, a skin biopsy may be required to come to a conclusion. After the cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Community

An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
From causes to treatment options, get answers to your questions about CML, a type of blood cancer
New drug options on the horizon may make CML, a type of blood cancer, one of the few success stories in cancer treatment
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.