Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
993 Members

Fibromyalgia

I have had fibromyalgia for over 10 years now.  I am on tramadol  for pain and would love to get off of it.  Can anyone tell me how I can do that without withdraw being so bad.
3 Responses
Hi Drewson,

It doesn't look like anyone answered you and I'm probably not the best person to do so.....but here goes.  I to am on pain meds for fibro.  I need to get off them also.  I have never taken tramadol but am on Percs.  They kindof make you life meaningless.  I have NO patience for anything and really don't like myself anymore.  I used to.  Anyway I think you might get more answers on the Addiction forum.  It seems to be more active.  I don't know why there are two.
On Trams here too. Ive switched one for another. Been off Tram since last Tuesday bc I've started taking Hydros.  Just bc I am more afraid of Tram WD than Hydrocodone WD.  I get the zaps (body convulsions) when I try to break off of Trams. And I've had a seizure bc of Tramadol once. I only have 4 hydros left to fall off the cliff finally and force myself to break off.   I can stand only taking 1 pill every 6 to 8 hrs now.  Hope this works. Praying you find what works for you too. Try not to do it alone. It's harder that way. Talk to a dr. Be strong.  I broke off of heroin when I was 18 yo (36yo now) by myself at home and it was hell. you'd think I had learned my lesson back then.......
Hi,
I wouldn't do this alone unless you absolutely feel you have to. Withdrawl can be a horrid thing to go through even with family around you. doctors have meds to help people through withdrawl now so I would definitely see them. However,  if you continue yourself I would take your meds every second day for a few days then increase the gap to 3 days etc.
I stopped my antidepressants suddenly and had horrid withdrawl, light headed,  itchy and nauseous, it lasted for 2wks.  I have fibromyalgia osteoarthritis and dysplastic hips which I take morphine daily for and I would love to come off that too. Good luck!
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
phoenix, AZ
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.