Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
995 Members

Sober LIving Facilities on Methadone Maintenance

Does anyone know of any sober living facilities that take clients on methadone? I live in PA altoona/johnstown area & would like to stay close as possible to this area if I can. I have medicaid and medicare,29,not pregnant/no children,no legal issues. I am in recovery from cocaine(rock). I had 4 months clean, then relapsed. I have about a week clean as of today(besides methadone-taken as prescribed).

You may need to let social services no what you need to do for your addiction they will find you someone to talk to about treatment.  Iam sure so facility takes people on methadone.    Hang in there.
COMMUNITY LEADER
hey how are you feeling? did you find another IOP?
http://www.bowlinggreenbrandywine.com/
Here is a rehab I found a couple years ago that takes and maintains methadone maintenance.It just happens to be in your state. Maybe they know of a sober living facility like you are looking for.
Ho, there is a great program called Teen Challenge (not just for teens) my daughter who is 28 just completed it.  There are thousands of facilities in the U.S.  Google it there may be one in your area.  My daughter had been to five rehabs previously and this program has transformed her life!  Let me know what you find out. It is an 18 month program. Good luck.
I have transferred to another clinic..slowly am getting physically better. My dose has went up from 20 to 30. Mentally I am feeling better too, but nowhere near my old self. Im having problems getting to the facility. My mom has hesitately drove me to the clinic 45 mins away. She feels like I need inpatient. I know she isnt willing to drive me there for more than a day or 2, which leaves me with the problem of getting there. My car is in the garage, not sure how long it will be there, some major problems. I have no other way there as of right now. I called homeless shelters & other numbers to see if I can find a place to stay, but had no luck. Shelters are saying they are full or I have to be a resident of the area to stay. So as of right now, I am truly living day to day. Does one relapse make me need inpatient? I dont know, Im feeling like the problem is getting to treatment at the clinic, not needing inpatient. I dont even know if they would take me with over a week clean. I truly feel like a burden. Just dont know what to do........
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am glad you are feeling ok physically that is good news. It will take you awhile to feel better mentally you took a big drop. Please try not to increase your dose anymore. Stay at that dose. For a week or 2 and then ask to taper down again.I hope and pray you want to get totally off the methadone soon.

Any luck on a new IOP? What will you do if you can't get to the meth clinic?  You aren't a burden. Your parents are just disappointed. They want you to be well and want the best for you.
Just take it day by day that is all we have. Have you gone to any meetings?
Hugs
Debbie
Im going to be meeting with my counselor this week to discuss treatment options. Im planning on attending an IOP. Continuing to make progress physically & mentally, although nowhere near where I was. Im waking up in am,going to clinic, going home, and laying around not doing much. Feeling fatigued. Having leg pains, but they are bearable. I have no vehicle & my parents arent willing to let me use theirs, so going to a meeting right now is difficult. Finding a ride is a challenge, b/c the people that I know from the fellowship dont drive, or arent able to pick me up. Im reading my NA book, journaling, & planning on starting personal inventories today. Im washing my face, brushing my teeth & eating, which is more than i was doing a week ago. Im in need of structure, and being lowly motivated is making it hard to have self-discipline. Im starting to feel sick of laying around, but not motivated enough to do things. WIth no car, I cant go anywhere, so everything is pointing to layin around. im going to make a list of who I can call daily & check in with & who I can make plans with to get out of the house. I just feel like my day is moving too slow. Any advice?
kathy is right thats a great program you might want to look into
COMMUNITY LEADER
Did you see your counselor yet? I know you are fatigued but it makes it worse if you just lay around. Make yourself move.go for small walks this will help with your endrophin production and help to make you feel better. Please keep yourself hydrated. Eat small amounts of healthy food at a time. Take a multi vitamin.take hot baths with epsom salts. I hope you are feeling better each day. You can do this.
Hugs. I am praying for you
Debbie
COMMUNITY LEADER
hi  how are things going for you?