A
A
A
Close
Addiction Chat Group Community
454 Members
1238606 tn?1304205221

Livin life!!

Haven't been here in a while but just wanted to hey to all!! Still in drug court but going 32 months clean and sober ... It is possible :)
1 Responses
5661881 tn?1371895814
I am new to the group & was just wondering if you mind telling me what you were addicted to? I see that you are 38 yrs old and I am 41 so was hoping maybe we could relate to eachother. It's so awesome to see you are 32 plus mos. sober. At this point, I couldn't even imagine that for myself as I can never seem to get past 4 to 5 days. Which by the way, I am severely addicted to opiates (pills.) And well on my way to other things I never dreamed I would try. This is a nightmare & I feel like it has just destroyed my life & robbed me of practically everything! Sad to say...Im constantly chasing prescription drugs & terrified of running out. It's a vicious cycle & I just feel like Im in a deep darkness when it all started out so euphoric and harmless that I actually made myself believe it was a good thing in my life. Meaning I felt so happy, energetic, productive, etc that I thought it was helping me with raising my children & managing a single mother life.....can't believe I had such distorted thinking & rationalized what I was doing was healthy. Anyway, congratulations...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.