Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
1.15k Members

Herion addict?

I think my son and daughter in law are doing heroin,  what are the signs, do you get slurred speech and nodding out with heroin.  I know at one time they were doing percocet 30's and both have done Xanax I have tried to get them help, There is an addiction, I'm just trying to find out if it has escalated to heroin,.  I don't think they are shooting, is it possible to snort. Please respond. Thanks.  They have 2 beautiful children and they are suffering too
3 Responses
Yes,people snort heroin and it does cause nodding out and slurred speech. How do they look?  Are they lethargic acting?  Have you asked them or shared your suspicions?
1827057 tn?1397523877
they could also be taking more roxy 30s .I have been accused of slurring while on them.Do you live near a major heroin area?
82861 tn?1333457511
ANY opiate can cause nodding out and slurring.  Don't be fooled into thinking that percocet or any other prescription drug is any safer to abuse than heroin.  They're all dangerous when abused and particularly when mixed with other mind-altering drugs like xanax or alcohol.  Mixing makes respiratory failure much more likely.  It doesn't matter if they're using heroin or something else.  They're in serious trouble.

You can't force anyone into any medical treatment of any kind.  Until their lives are so completely wrecked that they admit they have a problem and want to change, this is what life will be and it will probably get worse before it gets better.  

I certainly understand your concern for the children.  Do you think there is any way they will legally appoint you as their guardians voluntarily?  You can't change your son and daughter-in-law, but you might be able to make life better for the kids.  A chat with a family law attorney would be a good idea if you want to pursue guardianship.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.