Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
4981427 tn?1371670469

Recovered Heroin Addict taking Vicodin

Do you think this is a good idea?  My husband has a bad back and has been prescribed vicodin.  I"m very against this especially since he has lied to me in the past about pills.  And recently had a relapse (after 13 years of being clean)... I'm sick to my stomach  I don't know if he's playing games or what....
2 Responses
1235186 tn?1549257619
COMMUNITY LEADER
hi , it is good to hear from you.
I was just reading our messages last night.
did he just get a new prescription?
when you posted in may you said he has used a few times.
if he wants to use again and has legit pain he will use this as an excuse.
many addicts manage their pain without opiates, they use alternate pain management treatments.
how are you doing?
4981427 tn?1371670469
Hi, thank you for responding.  He did go to the doctor get a legit prescription.  She said he has a bulging disk and fracture in his back.  Which I will request proof of.  He did try to lie at first about the vicodin but decided to be honest which is a huge red flag but at the same time progress from just lying.  I really layed into him about it and he seems to realize although i feel sometimes he might be just tryig to shut me up.  I guess only time will tell.. I don't think he's using as of now.

I'm doing okay, thank you.  Still strugglign with the anxiety daily but much better than I was, i just have to keep moving forward I suppsed.  i thought i writing you back many times but just have been so busy.  I appreaciate you keeping in contact and i will definately keep you posted!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.