Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

can cold turkey work

A friend came to me and asked for help, she is a crack addict,( i think,) I made her move in with me to get rid of her friends, about 20 miles away.The first day she was very sick no food stayed down. Now the second day she has eaten some small foods and stayed down, she has slept most of the time. What should I look for or do now?  How long will she be sick can she get over it with no medicine?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't have the exact answers but hold on Im gonna go get a couple of my mh buddies that do know.. Hang tight!
Helpful - 0
5685035 tn?1423932969
Honestly i wasnt on it long enough to be sick like tgat the physical from what i heat can be weekabto a month then the mental kicks in, and when u thibk about it u get sick and crave it took years for that to go away o hear i still get it...with tgat drug its hard. But its possible my friend used it for 15 years hes almost 4 years clean
Helpful - 0
3197167 tn?1348968606
Welcome to the forum!  I have no history at all with crack cocaine but we have some really good articles in our Health Pages that may help you.

Until somebody else with more knowledge about cocaine comes along, here are a few articles that may help you in assisting your friend.  (Just know that regardless of the specific drug....no one can make an addict "want" to get clean if they aren't willing and ready.  You've a great heart to try and help your friend.  Here ya go:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Addiction/Cocaine--Craving--And-Relapse/show/353?cid=1006

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Addiction/Health-Effects-Of-Cocaine-short-term-long-term/show/414?cid=1006
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.