drug use through a needle

Think my fiance is shooting up, what I'm not sure yet,  I know hes not doing it in his veins if you shoot up in your m6scles what do the marks look like
Best Answer
You are not crazy. I have found that usually our gut feelings are spot on. And the more someone tries to be defensive and project, the more they try to make you feel crazy, the more they have to hide. If he is an addict, he will lie, cheat, and steal to keep using. Please do not enable him. Please take care of yourself, because he will not change until he is ready to. There is a forum called living with an addict on this site. It might be a great place for you to get support and talk with other folks in similar situations. Please take care and try to keep your head up.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Follow your instincts. Needles can be used in very creative ways that leave no visible signs. Put your well being first. Good luck and take care.
Helpful - 0
Yes he spends alot of time in the bathroom and secretive phone calls, he claims he shoots up in his tooth because it hurts and is abscessed.  I literally feel insane like im always checking up on him but I feel he's hiding things and when I ask he gets defensive and angry which majes me angry so we fight, but I honestly dont jnow what to do he admits he does pills (sometimes) and admits shooting in his gums, he even tells me he does it someties to get high but makes me feel its my fault cuz I nag him or because of mistakes ive made
Helpful - 0
He's lying to you.  What possible excuse could he use for you  finding needles?  Does he spend a lot of time in the bathroom?   Secretive with phone calls?
Helpful - 0
Pain pills are his drug of choice when I ask he get offensive. Yes ive noticed changes and money shortages. Ive notice knots on his arms and bruises and ive found needles and a spoon but he always has an excuse and makes me feel stupid for even asking. I feel like im going crazy, but I think he's hiding something
Helpful - 0
This is not a for sure thing but check his deltoid muscles out first. Look for a knot (as Annie said above)    If He is Im'ing this spot is one of the favorites
Helpful - 0
Hi there & welcome! Thanks for reaching out.

It would help us to respond better if we had a little more info on what your experience of your bf has been. For instance: How long ago did you start noticing a change in him? Does he continuously run short of money? Has he 'pulled away' from certain friends & family? Does he have new 'friends'? Has his personality/way he relates to you & others changed? Is he secretive? Has he had issues at work, etc...? And..here's the big one...has he had any drug problem in the past/does he tend to use 'recreationally'/does he make excuses?

As for not shooting up in a vein, depending on where he IM's (intra-muscular injection) -- it's appearance would vary. It would help if you told us what you're seeing. Generally, if he were doing it daily in the same place, you'd feel a mass under the site & there'd be bruising around it, though this can take some time depending on the drug or vitamin. What drug is it that you suspect & why?

Please, if you could fill us in a little more it would help. Hang in there. We're here & we're in your corner

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community