help ... how do i get the strength

My husband is(was) a wonderful man ! He is a hard working person but ever since he's been so saught up in the drugs and the needles and the h I've just been lost for words I don't even know how to fathem the fact that my marriage of 103 years and realtionship of 11 has been flushed away by a little baggy of bullsh*t ! I have been there for my husband I've been there holding his hand waited on him to get clean waited on him to detox spent tons of money on him ! For what a smack in the face where he lies and steals my things from me and our two babies that have no idea what is going on I'm so damn frustrated and lost for words but I don't know how to get away the steps I need to take what order I need to do them in when and where and why ! I need help and guidence please someone help me get away from this nasty life !
I would call a spouse abuse center,,i think they would have hest resorces for you,,,,,hes not ready!!!!!!!!!,,,,time to get the f?ck out ,,,,.
I agree with scott - for the sake of your babies.  Nothing you can do or say will make him change.  HE has to make the decision for himself when HE is ready.  Please get help!
I'm so sorry your going thru this I know it can't be easy. I agree with the other posters call around there are a lot of resources to help you get out of that situation. I applaud you for putting your babies first not many people do these days. I can tell your a amazing mom. Hang in there and keep your head up.
What addiction resources have been accessed? Does he work and do you have insurance? If you can help direct him to some services (that are essential for a heroin addict to get clean) I think you'll both feel better about leaving him. When you say that you've thrown money at the problem, what do you mean? Has there been an Addiction's Therapist involved yet? Has he admitted that his life is unmanageable? Holding his hand, is not going to help him, unfortunately. That is wasted time, depending on whether treatment has been sought yet. Addicts need Rehab, outpatient inpatient, sometimes clean and sober living houses, definitely detox, and aftercare. AA, NA, CA, ACOA, etc.

As for you, you can access shelters for abused or homeless women and children if you have no other alternative for you and the kid's. I've been to one, and there's a lot of support to get you into your own apartment or maybe a sharing a house, (for reciprocated babysitting) so that you can access post secondary education and a career direction.

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community