A lil input for suggestions would be helpful

Hello and I hate to ask this here but I am at a loss and have been looking all over the net and can't seem to get my head together for it so I am turning to you guys here which maybe should've been my first choice. I found a few but I think if I play without you by Motley Crue Heaven's Door by Guns and Roses my mother and aunts will kill me and have me buried to some Hank Williams or the like. LOL I can always argue the fact they elected me but I will try to do my best first. I know you did not know my grandmother but I'll tell you this since my Grandfather passed she has been loving him since and talkin tons of him and also those that love her love her tons. She was a christian funny warm and I guess just the grandmotherly type. I was given thrust honored or just plain ole stuck with the choosing music for the funeral and I am sorta at a loss here. She loved country and I don't know twang when it comes to country music. They play it while leaving with the casket and when waiting for them to bring it in. Anyway I guess I need uplifting ones or the like for it. This is strange to ask this here but if you guys want to suggest I will download them. I need them asap as I might be leaving again to MS. tonight or early in the morning as I am home from a break from that as three days of it is long and I don't want to break now as I have made it thus far without a lump in my throat yet. I thought it wpould be a might easier than the last but as I fooled myself once again. Her age or so I thought might make it easier well wrong again charlie I am wrong more than right these days.Anyway any input from you all will be great help.....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been where you are friend, and it is not an easy task.  You want to pick something that your family member liked or something that would make people think of that person.  When my Daddy died in January, even though I saw it coming, it was one of the hardest things to do.  You want everything for that day to be special and all, but to tell you the honest truth, I don't remember "hearing" any of the songs that were sung at his funeral. I remember thinking about all the funny things he did when I was growing up and how much it meant to me to have him in my life.  I do however remember that when my nephew was singing, one of the floral arrangements that was hanging on the wall slid down.  I almost started to laugh because that is what Daddy would have done.

I think in the end, it doesn't matter what is sung, but we had "I Can Only Imagine", and "Wish You were Here".  

So sorry for your loss,
Susan
Helpful - 0
I know it might be to late, but when my mom died in Feb.  I played Go Rest High On the Mountain by Vince Gill.  I don't like country music much, but it's beautiful.  It tells of their life on earth being over, and their going to heaven shouting!!!  It's a great song.  I think you will like it..    My God be with you and your family...  Susan
Helpful - 0
Again I am so sorry for the loss of both your loved ones.When I read your post the first songs  that popped into my head were 'Holes In The Floor Of Heaven" by Collin Raye,and I believe someone already suggessted "Love,Me".These two songs have always brought comfort to me when remembering my grandparents.You're family is in my prayers...Peace.
Helpful - 0
I just want to express to you all again how grateful I am to you all here and I listened to these songs mentioned here and will defintely have some of them played at her services. I am so happy to be part of this community and cannot believe how much I have integrated this site into my life anymore and just by the looks of how many of you post I am by far no the only one to have done this and it is a definte positive in my life. You guys rock rule are awesome whatever the lingo you guys are tops with me. Thanks and I will be thinking of many of you here the entire day tomorrow using your strength to get me thru and back home. I will send you all an update when I get home later today as I have to leave in a few hours to be back there it is  almost a three hour drive there so I'll go for now to get things ready...........and in closing I will say I am dreading once again when they talk of the person that I am so used to being here and just take for granted that this person is alive and walking the earth and to hear that they are being honored with their eulogy it is so unbelievable to think of this person as dead for me it is so sureal feeling of a feeling the kind that truly hurts and I hate it I can remember feeling a couple months ago when she fell ill and I did not know what to think I still harbored some feelings toward her at how she reacted to my sister's passing that I was trying I guess to be god and have her react the way I wanted her to react so anyway I thought I might not be touched by the day it was her time well I was wrong and I am sure it is worse for me as my step brother on Monday morning then on wednesday her so I guess it is a lil harder. I am going to stop rambling I am sorry All the best Sincerely, Mike..............
Helpful - 0
Depends... what are yu going for here? Something along the line of a spiritual like ""Lay my burden down",  "May the circle be unbroken" orsomething with a bit more popish country zing. Perhaps some Willie Nelson or Dolly Parton? I'd go with kenny Rogers, but that's me. (The gambler!) :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks you guys got some. You guys came through but once again for me. Thanks you guys are the best... I'll be back on as soon as I get back see you then..... Mike
Helpful - 0
The dance .......garth brooks
Helpful - 0
Go rest high on that Mountain Vice Gill
Believe Brooks and Dunn
Helpful - 0
George Strait  You'll be there
Helpful - 0
Don't blink by Kenny Chesney
Love me Colin Raye
Remember When Alan Jackson
When I get where I'm going Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton
I saw God today George Strait

These are the only ones I can think of right now, I'll try to think of more...

I'm so sorry
Helpful - 0
Mikie !  Google it "country music for funeral"  theres a whole bunch of stuff......Please google it.........

Luv,
Nauty............
Helpful - 0
mike i am sorry that you are having to go though this i will try and think of some songs

Josh Turner...its something like "would you go with me" or "Heavens Gate"   it would be a good one!!

Kenny Chesny...Dont blink

Joe Nicoles...I'll wait for you

That is all i can think of Mike I dont listen to Country that much at all but those songs have stuck in my mind..

hugs and prayers for you
love...bobby
Helpful - 0
Hey my friend..I am so sorry..i wish I knew something about country music..but I surely don't...I am on the phone with my drunken sister in-law and will call as soon as i can get her to pass out...lol..Love you my friend..
Helpful - 0
Not a country buff.......honey, but my ticker is ticking.......oh, my......I hope someone comes up with something....country music only?........

My condolences.......love you sweetie

Nauty.......
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community