****Clonidine Question******

Long story short.  My doctor switched my Ativan to Clonidine 0.01 for my PMDD night sweats.  Has anyone ever taken it for this reason?  Did it work, and is 0.01 a low dose.  I am afraid to take it because I don't have high BP.  Just curious and nervous about taking it.  

thanks,
Nauty......................
I was just drinking my glass of chocolate soy milk. :(
I have just got done taking Clonidine.  The .1 is the starting dose, two or three times per day.  The pill is scored, so you CAN break it in half and take .05 or 1/2 a dose if you need to.  I was given it to help with withdrawal.  It lowers your heart rated and opens your blood vessels so blood flows easier.  The thing I don't like about it is that the dry mouth is terrible with it, and you'll need to suck on candy.  I would recommend a dose first thing when you get up, and then a dose before bed.  If you need one during the day, try 1/2 a pill or a pill if you have to.

Just so you know, there will be some withdrawal if you take it for a long time, but it's not a pill that is abused.  It is used for menopause and night sweats and to sleep (insomnia) off label.

I read up a bunch on it when I started it.  I took it for a few days before I started withdrawal, and then through Day 5 (today).  I took my last one this morning.  They also make it in .2 and .3mg.  But, start small and work your way up.

Later!
Yeah, I would definately demand the test.
I used to have horrible night sweats starting 3 days before my period.  Thats how I knew it was coming. I had fibroids and endometreosis.  Have you been checked for things like that ????
Soy....ewwwwww!!! They can test you! Geez, my real Mom had a hysterectomy and then she was put on estrogen but then she found out she still has one ovary!! WTH!!!!

She has her hysterectomy long ago though! Things are really screwy for us woman and you can have symptoms as early as your 30's!! It is NOT FAIR!! LOL
Didnt think about the smoking thing and i do the nicotine lozenges....they never asked...but i am also on depo preovera which is a big hormone gush every 3 months and need to get off of it as i have no idea whether i still have periods or not since it stops ur cycle...i have not had one in 15 years cept once when i got off a few years ago and i thought i was gonna pull my hair out...i thought "screw feeling like this" as memories of severe pms resurfaced...got back on the shot/for endometriosis...it is only progesterone tho and so i buy those natural estrogen tabs to help the hot flashes...and it does...i have a scrip for premarin but take it rarely...but i used to smoke and took birth control pills for years so i guess i should be happy nothing happened to me so far!  I dont have to take it every day...kinda go thru times when i need to and times when i dont need them.....be glad when menopause is over for me
I take a natural supp for the night sweats. . .I am only 28 but going through perimenopause.  You CAN have your estrogen, progesterone and testosterone tested regardless of whether your cycles have stopped.  All they have to do is put (lol) abnormal menses under the diagnosis - I worked as a doctor's assistant for several years.  

Turned out, that even at my peak follicular cycle (when you should have the most hormones) all three hormone levels were at absolute zero.  I am on a mono-cyclic (consistent hormone levels all 3 weeks) birth control and use the natural supps and also the pro-G-yam cream.  Oh, and I also get bi-monthly testosterone inj. from my doc.  Studies show that adjunctive therapy with these treatments work the best.  I haven't had night sweats for about 2 months now.  This is a record for me - used to have to change the clothes 3 or 4 times a night.  So, I hope this is helpful for you. . .I should've sent you a PM about this (lol-a little personal but whatever).  Let me know if you need anymore info.

P.S.  I was on the clonidine at one time, the first time I tried to detox and it didn't lower my BP at all (mine is already low) and I took 0.1mg 3 times daily. . .

Send me a PM any time if you want!

Meg

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community