Addiction: Social Community

Do you believe in Hell?

Anyone want to discuss some deep issues?
Discuss, not argue.
Do you believe in Hell? What do you think Hell is?
Is there a grading system when you die, that decides whether you go to Heaven or Hell? And what if you fall short by just 1 point, is there a re-do exam?
Do you get a second chance after you go to Hell?
If all young children that die, go to Heaven, then doesn't abortion assure these babies a place in Heaven? Where as, if they were allowed to grow, live and die, certainly some of them would go to Hell?
I do not believe in a PLACE called "hell."  I do believe that we will be judged fairly and equally by a divine Savior and God.  To me, hell will be a place we put ourselves in - if that makes sense.  I believe that when young children die they go straight to heaven.  As for abortion, I suppose for me since I believe that babies have already received their spirits that they would go straight to heaven.  I believe that God loves us all so much that he will lose very few of his children.  
I had an out of body near death experience when I was being worked on in an ER.......I have no doubt that a heaven and a hell exist. My perception of "hell" was that of a moonscape. Stark, bleak, a very uncomfortable feeling. Totally alone.  As soon as I thought "I dont want to be here.."  I was in another place. That place was total serenity and a feeling of peace that defies description. You draw your own conclusions. I was overjoyed to surprise the Docs and start living once again without any brain damage. My wife maintains that the pro's just cant tell..........
According to the Bible which i beleive is the true word og God says when you die you go to one of two places Heaven or Hell..as a Chistian I belive that to be true, Heaven is a place where you will be with God, and Hell is  a place where you know you will never be able to be with God
I agree with what you're saying, but I truly believe God will lose very few of his children.  I believe that Hell will be more of a place we put ourselves in - it will be a place where we will suffer because we chose a path that was not conducive to be in heaven. I guess I just don't think it will be fire and all that - but it will be a horrible place to be since it will be lonely and dark and that God will not be there.  I don't know if that makes sense.
Thats makes alot of sense Janet..I can't imagine spending eternity never being able to sit at the Lords feet , as far as kids go they all go to Heaven and the aborted babies I feel have a special place with the Lord.

But hell is a very lonely place for the soul i think
COMMUNITY LEADER
arent we all God's children?
Nope, don't believe in hell ( at least after death). I think hell is man made an can only be experienced in this life.  I think everyone goes to heaven. Yep, even serial killers.  I don't think they wanted to be born, or raised evil or crazy enough to kill.  They must already be in some sort of hell to kill others .

If you believe in the Bible, do you believe in every word and follow every teaching of the Bible?
And if there is a Hell ( a very bad place), and at the moment of your death, you have not yet chosen Christianity, are you condemmed to spend eternity in this Hell, with no chance to change your mind?
Are the people who never heard of the Bible (tribes in South America/Africa, the Amazons etc), doomed to Hell?
I would suggest you read Bible verses John 3:16, 17 18........read Romans 10:9, 10...so to answere if you do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior, and belived he died on the cross for everyone's sins, and was raised from the dead on the third day, and donot confess with your mouth or belive this in your heart then the person will not go to Heaven

Yes I am human and I sin, and being a Christian doesn't give me a free pass on sinning, I ask forgiveness of my sins but I also will be accountable for my sins to God when he calls me home

As far as places liked you mentioned my nephew left Sunday for a 6 week mission trip to Africa the Gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached and taught all over the world now
Ok this is a deep subject, I know what I believe, but I want to put it in the right words with an explaination, and please do not take any offence to what anybodt says thier faith is thier faith, there is no room for us to judge anyone on this site. I take this subject very serious and will give my answer after I have thought carefully about it.
Outotown........you got it......no offence, no judging.  Can't wait to read your post.
I do not judge anyone i have my own problems and relationship with God that I have to take care of..I was just giving my views on what I believe
magi i have wondered the same things....people that were not given opportunity to even learn/chose a religion in their lives.....will they go to "hell"? Theres alot of thigns I dont get about this stuff....like Mary said, she believes even serial killers go to heaven. If this is true, how can heaven really be "heaven" then? WHat if you were up in heaven and you see the guy who murdered yoru child ? How could you be happy and at peace? Some would say "oh, you're filled with forgiveness and love and you would not be upset"....so if THAT were true.....how are you even your own self then? You'd be changed, not the same person, the same soul?   Am i making any sense? lol   Ive bounced back and forth for my entire adult life btwn atheist and agnostic and Im still more on the agnostic side than believer.....ITs hard for me grasp the whole concept.  and btw what about all these different religions? they cant all be "right"....so does that mean everyone else who believed something else their entire lives are going to "hell"?? that doesnt seem fair either if thats the case.   ugh this whole topic gets me confused, lol
People who have never heard the Gosple will be judged as to how they obeyed thier consience. READ Romans 2:11-16, The Gentiles refers to anyone who is not an Isrealite, to which the law was given. So the Gentile which had not the Law or the commandments which was given to Isreal, and some to this day have not heard the
Truth of the Gospel will be judged as to weather or not they obeted thier consience.
Im a Christain, and as a Christian I have but one rule of faith that happens to be The King James Version of The Bible. I have studied the other versions and they cannot be rightly divided, when the old englisg words are used, there are several different meanings to one word, and when those words are used then the Bible corrasponds. Example John 6:24 KJV and shal not come into condemnation, new revised version says shall not come into judgement, so then if that is the case we have to take out the verse that says We shall all appear before the JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST. So then I cannot use that version or any other that changes the word of God. Why use King James version, We Christains believe in a God that all things are possible, when the world was made we believe God spoke the world into being, also read John chapter 1: 1-14 In the beginning was the word and the word was God the same was in the begining with God All things were made by Him and without him was not anything made that was made. So before the world was we have the perfect living word, and the word was made flesh and dwelt among men JESUS HIMSELF, the perfect incarnated word of God He was and is perfect right, then if we have an infaiable God that has an infaible word and is the perfect living word, HOW CAN A CHRISTAIN SAY WE DONT HAVE A PERFECT WRITTEN WORD, if you dont believe our God with whom nothing is impossible can give us his perfect word so that we might have a perfect faith SHAME ON YOU!! Now how does faith come Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God and how shall they hear without a preacher Romans 10:14-15, if our faith is based on anything other than the perfect word of God or an altered word then we would have an altered faith. Im writing this as a Christain, and not judging anyone this is my faith, and the bible says there is one Lord, one Faith, one God and Father of all who is above all in all and thur you all. So then I base MY FAITH on the Bible, and that Bible states that there is a hell. Someone asked earlier to a christain do you keep evry law that is in the Bible. No I dont, But Jesus DID, and my faith is not based on my ability to live good enough to go to heaven, my faith is based on God The Father and God the Son Jesus Christ and his ability to save me and keep me. The punishment of HELL was placed upon Christ when he died on the cross in our place. And his atonement that is placed on me when I surrenderd unto him and allow him to keep me, and believe that his sacrafice was enough to take away my sins. My faith is not in me but in HIM, My righteouness is as filthy rags, so in Christ I have been given the rightousness of God, therefore I can go to heaven. Who then goes to hell, he that believeth not is condemend already, because they have not believed in the name of the only begotten son of God John 3:16-18 Now I strive to be as good as I can not so I can go to heaven but out of love for my God, and my fellow man. I could go on and on but I will stop at this. YES I BELIEVE IN HELL BUT I BELIEVE WE DONT HAVE TO GO THERE, WE JUST NEED TO REPENT OF OUR SINS AND ACCEPT THE SACRAFICE CHRIST MADE, As for children and aborted babies do they have a soul YES JOHN THE BABPTICE WAS FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST WHILE STILL IN HIS MOTHERS WOMB. If anyone wants to disscuss this in private feel free tp PM me and I will be happy to share my faith. Aaron
God is love. God is so awesome, so forgiving if we only believe and trust in Jesus. I dont know if hell is a place or if it is seperation from God (love). God does not want anyone to go to hell. Read the Bible with an open mind and ask him to reveal himself to you and see what happens. I double dog dare you to try it. Just say God, Im not sure if your real, I dont even know if I believe but if youre real show me. You have nothing to loose but "hell".  God does not want you to be religous. He does not want to make you follow a bunch of rules and act like some pickle sucking square old f_rt. Blessings
I believe we are living in hell  = (

I honestly believe that we will have a chance after death to accept God and his son.  There are many people who WILL NOT have the opportunity here to here the word.  It would only be fair to give those people a chance after death.  :)
I'm not judging anyone or anyone's religion.  I'm curious as to what I believe in. I'm not quite sure.  I think I believe in a God but I don't think I believe in the Bible, it has soooo many contradictions, and so many questions left unanswered. I'm very curious how people logically defend their faith or do most people blindly follow because it's what they were taught. I don't mean what I say to be offensive, I'm just curious.
Why didn't God, himself, write a Bible? One that could never be questioned and would apply throughout the ages, without having to be twisted and turned to fit the times?
Is the God of the Bible merciful or vindictive? I see both. I find this a contradiction.
I have a lot of questions, but I don't want to offend anyone or sound like I'm trying to pis s anyone off.
TroubleinOhio: I understand what your saying....I guess I agree with some of what you've said. As far as serial killers going to heaven.....not sure.....God made them , god knew what they would be & do, he could have stopped them, or not made them, maybe put them here for a reason. Is it their fault then?
If God is all knowing, knows the outcome of everything that will happen......is that free will?   If I put a hungry rat in a cage, and I put food in that cage, I know the rat will eat. When you know the outcome and it won't be changed, because you absolutly know, how is there free will?
If God knows everything that will be, what is the purpose of going thru life? Can we do something that God won't know about? Can we alter the course of our fate, if it is already known what that fate is?
For it was the LORD himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the LORD had commanded Moses. [Joshua 11:20 NIV]

As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God. [Deuteronomy 20:14-18 NIV]

Moses was angry with the officers of the army--the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds--who returned from the battle. "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. [Numbers 31:14-18 NIV]

Does the Lord of the Bible approve of slavery, murder and rape? Should we be out killing anyone that doesn't believe in the Bible? Does this show a merciful God?
Only one grading system. You either believe and are a ardent follower or you are not. Hell is specifically described as an eternal, horrendous painful existance separated from god for eternity. But I guess you have to be a believer to believe. And in order to become a believer you must have an open mind in order to hear him calling you. God did not invent sin, man did. Do not be decieved. God is a loving  and just god yes. But he is also an angry and jealous god. Not to be tempted or toyed with. His plan has been laid out all the way down to what to eat. He tells us how to and not to live, so if anyone has not gone directly to him for their answers, they really dont want to know the truth. IMO
I would only add that all are innocent until they reach the age of accountability. If you have heard the message and understand it, but turn your back on it. That is your age of accountability.
The scriptures you were putting up are from the old testament, when Jesus, came onto the earth and died for our sins, we do not have to live by old testament laws we have to follow Jesus teachings, no God does not approve of rape murder or slavery, but as teko stated if you do not belive in Jesus, then you go to hell
What was the sin that Adam and Eve committed, was it an external sin i.e Eating the forbiden fruit. OR was it an internal sin i.e unbielf, What is the clue HATH GOD SAID!! That question put doupt in thier mind. The sin was doupting God, which led to eating the proverbiable apple. Faith and doupt are not oppitsites but parrell's, see when you doupt God you ultimitly believe a lie. So then either way you believe something, weather a lie or the truth What God said. Jesus came to take away the SIN of the world, what was that sin, the sin of doupt and unbielf. So that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have ever lasting life. What does the bible say in one place, THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DANMED WHO BELIEVED NOT THE TRUTH BUT HAD PLEASURE IN UNRIGHTEOUSNEES, What is unrighteousness, not being in a right relationship with God, which can only happen thur the Sacrafice Jesus made so that we can boldly come to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy and find help in time of need