Help, Holiday recipies that can be made ahead and frozen..

Hi all. I just found out I'll be hosting out of town guests for Christmas. As some of you know, I have a heart issue among other things that don't let me do much. So cooking a meal means sitting in a wheelchair and hoping I'm ok to be out if bed.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have any good recipies I can start now and freeze. I'll need food for 8 people for ten days. Doesn't need to be Christmas Day food. The other nights I'm worried about.
One is in the air force avd eats enough for four grown men too!

I'll sneak Christmas dinner pre prepared from the grocery deli. Thanks all!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey Barb, good grief! I think I would go crazy if I had to deal with all of that company! You are a better person than I am! LOL

You can make lots of stuff ahead of time and freeze it. Most any type of a casserole. You can make lasagna,enchiladas, or a beef stew in the crock pot, soups or chiles, spaghetti sauce (then, on the day you serve it just cook the noodles). If you can, check out The Food Network web site. You can search for freezer meals, and they literally have millions of them! I always get my inspiration and recipes from there. Also you can check out Campbell's Soup web site for more ideas.

Good luck,can't wait to hear what you decide to make!
Helpful - 0
Hey u know what? I think specialmom has some really good crock pot recipes... Or maybe its nursegirl! Either way I will find out for you. What are you thinking of preparing? Or have you considered getting it catered? They make it and you pick it up and serve?
Helpful - 0
And u know what? Their is a food forum on here too but I can't remember the name. I will find it for you
Helpful - 0
Oh I never knew their would be any special recipes for frozen food. That's awesome!

I'm good at lasagna as long as I cheat with pre made noodles lol.
I'm thinking 14 meals prepared ahead of time. I believe I need to hit the lottery to afford this though lol!

I used to cook, not so much now. This whole holiday will be quite a challenge. My nerves are a little raw. But I'm excited too!

I will check that website! I also have a crock pot, but have only used for roast. I used to cook with Campbell's soup and Lipton dry soups too, and had forgotten that! Wow, I realized I have become lazy and unimaginative in the kitchen this past year. Thanks for the tips. I'll post back what I find. I do need to do on a budget too. Actual Christmas dinner, I called today, and it's 79$ for ten, which to me is a good deal? ( They cook, you pick it up, put on your china, and pretend you slaved all day ) :)
Helpful - 0
I think $79 for 10 is a good deal! The Campbell's soup website has good recipes and cheap.  I love that website! Good luck and for sure let us know what you make! And hey, I use the precooked lasagna noodles, too!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community