Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Social Community
2.75k Members
228686 tn?1211558307

Important to recovery: Classic Soul Train!

Who here watches this show (late night weekends, Saturday afternoon).

With massive quantities of polyester and teased out afro's, this is something you just can't miss!!

Last night I went to bed in good cheer to the sound of

"Shake shake shake....shake shake shake...Shake Your Boogie,...Shake Your Boogie!:

Last week it was "Super Freak"!

Come on, I can't be the ONlY one!!!
6 Responses
228686 tn?1211558307
*sigh* That's "Booty", NOT "Boogie." There goes my groove! :)
I might be tempted....but for three years during that federal time that I did there was an incredible party in the dayroom on saturday morning when all the bro's got together to watch original Soul Train....just too many memories..but then to see that poly and afro's again I just might...................r
228686 tn?1211558307
My god...I KNEW that's what African American guys do in prisons on Saturday mornings! I must be psychic! :)

Keep in mind, I'd be right there with them (If they let me!) I'd think that "Classic Soul Train" would be the one thing that could bring temporary racial harmony to this country, for at least the hour it's running!
279300 tn?1326750278
hehehe....OMG...sigh...savas. you never cease to amaze me. shake my boogie. LOL LOL....
do you know how many polyesters they had to kill to make those leisure suits?
225213 tn?1213738290
Hey I was in juvy-jail when folks would watch that on Sat mornings too!   Then we would put on music and try to make our own soul train dance line!  Ahh, memories.  
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398568723
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.