Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
5904477 tn?1390245415

Need some creativity...

Hey yall. I am the first to admit that I am NOT a creative person at all!  I am an analytical person all the way. So, I am asking yall for some ideas!  I am 112 days clean now. I want to get a tattoo that symbolizes recovery. Can be a pic or a quote...just any ideas yall have. My daughter thought of 2. "One day at a time" and "Refuse to Sink" with a pic of an anchor. Do yall have any other ideas?  Please don't say the Phoenix. My biggest fear in the world is a bird!  I run from them so don't think I could handle a pic of one on my body!  Lol. Thanks my angels!
18 Responses
Just remember Spirit, "Gravity"!!
6109773 tn?1381071043
Hmmm. I really like " one day at a time" and refuse to sink. You should ask rosy! She's huge into tatts( I have 2 myself) if ou check out roses profile, she has li s of beautiful tat pics. That's awesome that your getting a tattoo to represent your sobriety. LOVE IT! I want to get one soo bad! Lol
1653969 tn?1390331661
Oh so many choices - stay strong , never again, my choice my way, I'm a big bird fan so I can't help you there . Do a google image search soberity tats you will find 1000s for inspiration but make sure it speaks to you .
How about the anchor with The Serenity - Refuse to Sink? Your ship has sailed, and your on it. But it has to be significant to you.
5904477 tn?1390245415
Thanks yall!  I have 2 tats so I know what I am getting into. Weaver, I like what you said!  My ship has sailed!
5904477 tn?1390245415
Ok tooter!  I am an idiot!  Took me 4 hours to figure out your answer!  Lol. Yes, I remember gravity!  I hope by the time it kicks in that no one will want to see my body naked anyway!  Lol. You absolutely crack me up!  Thanks for the smile. I needed it today!
Glad I could help. ;-)
3197167 tn?1348968606
I knew what she meant right away....so what's that say about me???? LOL
5904477 tn?1390245415
It means you are smarter than me!  Lol. I was trying to figure out what gravity had to do with being clean!  Lol
2107676 tn?1388973859
lmaooo. Is that when a cherry turns into a tomato?  No I guess that's just if you gain weight.
3197167 tn?1348968606
Nope.....nope....not smarter.......just older.....more gravity....more gravity girl
Don't let gravity bring you down. This is heavy man, wow.
2083449 tn?1381354708
How about a rising sun? Or maybe the phases of the moon? Hmmmm trying to put on my creative hat.
I have 17 and counting! Getting a gorgeous DDM piece on my back next! I can't wait! I have 400+ tat pics on my profile that you can look through. Ink is art and every tat is special. If you find something you LOVE tweak it and make it personally and uniquely yours! Every tat tells a story! Be true to yourself and take your time!!
Love,
Rosy~
BTW: I have the most gorgeous anchor tat on my pics! One of the most original ive seen! I have several color and lots of black and graywash (I don't do color personally)
5904477 tn?1390245415
Thanks Rosy. I will go check them out!  I just want a reminder of where I have been and where I don't want to go again!
6815927 tn?1395511425
I am a huge fan of tattoos and body piercing-- I think they all contribute to our identity And beauty.  My favorite style is Japanese.  I am planning in getting a lotus flower when all is said and done.  I pasted a quote about the lotus:

The lotus flower starts as a small flower down at the bottom of a pond in the mud and muck. It slowly grows up towards the waters surface continually moving towards the light. Once it come to the surface of the water the lotus flower begins to blossom and turn into a beautiful flower.

In Buddhism and Hinduism it is often used as a symbol of rebirth.

Good luck !
5904477 tn?1390245415
Phoenix - that is a good idea. I never knew that about a lotus. I am still trying to decide what I want to do but I will post a pic as soon as I get it done. Thanks!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.