Addiction: Social Community

i appogoze

i apologize for my wooden spoon joke....its an old school joke from child hood....i am Russian Jewish and my mothers mother spent all day in the kitchen...and used a wooden to get your attention...lots of time waving it im the air to warn you to think about what you were doing...and it to get your attention....and sometimes you'd get a small smack..it doesn't hurt more to get your attention.....and we don't do that anymore to or kids....its old school or European...i was trying to make dane laugh id like to think of her as my cyber buddy and she hhopefully didst get upset with me...i was only trying to make her laugh....and if i upset anyone with that reference from child hood....i humbley apologize...i have never hit anyone with a wooden spoon....so again i ment no harm.....love bama
Girl, didn't i to you im Italian, raised with immigrant parents, the wooden spoon and the slipper for that matter was always used in my home for attention or just an innocent smack across the behind.  You did make me laugh and no pue intended.  Till tomorrow..XOXO
I think we all know that...Did someone say something to you or get offended by the spoon reference?
I love you Bama!! Lucifer-aka my mom- always spanked me with a wooden spoon,,,she even broke it on my thigh once. I missed reading the joke but Im sure no harm was done,,hopefully. ~Bkitty
vicki where have you been? I missed you XO
yes someone sent me a private message and said everyone was gossiping about that...and i am sorry i hrtu that person. i don't want to bring up something that offended people....so to those im truly sorry.....
PLESAE, that reference was for me and i throughly enjoyed it  and thats all that matters, i got a good laugh and i sure did need one at the time. Sot thank you very much my dear friend bama.   Let them gossip away....love ya girl
Dana: I've been here off and on, following your thread...everything sounds great!

Bama:  I don't have a wooden spoon; I use my foot!!
Gossiping about a spoon???     HAHAHAHAHAHA!
i thought it was kind of endearing.
Oh, good grief. Don't folks have anything better to do? Can't they understand it's just teasing?
You just keep on shaking that wooden spoon, and I'll head 'em off with my paint stirring stick!
Oh, and your story about it was charming!
Who is EVERYONE ?   HAHAHAHAHAHA
Don't worry about it Bamma. many of us of Eastern European ancestry have felt the wrath of the wooden spoon during our youth. It wasn't nessesarily a bad thing either, only when it was abused.  Quite frankly, I think more of what are now 'young adults'  needed to have a taste of it, although I seriously doubt their parents had a properly functioning moral compass themselves on which to temper it's use.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
My mother always loved the county fairs in the summer.  They gave out free yardsticks.  They werent for measuring anything either!!!  I remember how mad she would get when one would break over our butts!

We lived by this golden rule..Spare the rod spoil the child!!!
Sarah I was raised in a porocal school those nuns used the yard stick like a wiping board across you knuckles the real b i t ch was you could tell your parents or you would get the tar knocked out of you at home to ......I agree spare the rod spoil the child every time I see a nun I think of those knuckle beatings......lol.....................Gnarly
who is everyone ??  i don't think anyone is gossiping about the wooden medicine. LOL

i got a private message from a member who said go easy on my next post.....people were talking....I didn't want to Burton anyone feelings i find it funny in a way because it wasn't meant for that person....maybe it brought up a bad childhood memory......i posted this to dane...my close friend who knew it was a joke....and like i really could use my spoon in cyber space....again when we detox sometimes we take things out of context....and again its an old school thing...heck my mom had the spoon but it didn't really hurt...it was more to get your attention...kind of like a fly swatter......so i didn't k ow if i hurt several peoples feelings...most of y'all know me and know its just a statement to get your attention...but i didn't want to be known as violent...cause i really really try to help everyone...and sometimes i joke
well, yeah, it is right that when we detox we can get very sensitive and we need to be careful sometimes with jokes and so ... maybe this was the case that one got hurt but there is no gossip as far as i know, not at all about you or about anyone ... keep helping as you are doing, bama... you bring good and positive strength :)
well, poohie!  It was a joke and I knew it.  You are right someone probably has a bad time with it and I get that.  I did use it myself and will not again!  Don't worry about it!
That's an old country remedy too, except without the spoon. We had to go get the biggest piece of butt smacking wood we could find outside, bring it in and get whipped to hell and back with it. I thought I got smart by bringing smaller branches in, but that made things WORSE!
i rember the switch...my grandma did that one. but the spoon was waved in the air..did anyone's mom use a fly swatter? again same thing...doesn't hurt. just gets your attention. but i grew up with school paddling. the worst was having your name announced over the intercom. i personally think there's nothing wrong with disapline....and getting clean and staying clean takes disapline. self control. if a drunk drove and killed a family we would hold them accountable. what if a person was high on pills and killed a family while driving....wouldn't we hold them accountable too
Everyone knows where your heart is Bama and plus you "appogozed"...lol so it's cool. Hopefully nobody else will take offense to it (knock on wood)   ;)
or would we say...they are an addict and didn't know any better? no we would demand justice...if i get tough with someone on here its not out of meanness...its out of love. when you've walked down the dark path of addiction. you want to save another person the same misery i went thru. and that's all. i am learning Thu i can support you. help you. but in the end you've got to help yourself. we can write to people with all the support and help we can type tell our fingers hurt
but until that individual is ready they won't get it. its easy to say this is too much...im too sick..i hurt. but so many of us use excuses. and excuses are like butts...we all have one and they stink....i know alot of people come here a mess. i was. read my early posts...thought process was off. heck i couldn't even spell or type good. yet i stuck around. even when i was relapsing.....i lurked for a week or two before i posted. and the day i posted i started to heal.

what i notice lot is so many people give up...they come here to clean up. and
I wouldn't even have apologized, I see nothing wrong with what bama said. I think a lot of emotions are being thrown around with these opiates and withdrawals that might make people say something they don't mean, or maybe someone got molested with a wooden spoon. (let's pray not) Never regret what you do, only make up for it.