have been taking oxycodone for over 5 years and want off
I have been on the medication oxycodone for about 5 years 10 mg and I am currently on day 6 without taking any of the oxycodone but my question is if I'm taking 3 or 4 mg of Suboxone everyday on my 14th day, can I stop the suboxone all together and will I feel okay? Is 2 weeks of low doses 2-3 times a day of subs, long enough to get rid of withdrawal?
Should I continue for one more week with subs?
I don't want to be dependent on subs though.
I want to take ZERO pain meds. After recently finding out what withdrawal was I went through that for a couple days and thought I had the flu but after some research found out I was going through withdrawal from not taking my pain medication because I was not having any pain for a couple of days and that was the last pill I took of the oxycodone I never want to feel that feeling again.
Did you get the subs from a doctor?  When did you start taking them?
You were taking 10 mg of oxy a day?  Not sure why you started taking sub.  I am a bit confused here so please bear with me!
How many mg of oxy were yo taking per day??
If your doc is aware you want off the opiates, and gave you the subs for the oxy w/d, then they should've made you fully aware of the pros and cons of the subs. I was told that if I was to start on Suboxone, I would have to be gradually taken off of that also, which is why I decided against started on it. I think if you taper down from it, that would be the best, and minimize w/d symptoms. Your doctor can help ease some of those symptoms also. Good luck, you can do it!!