Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

17 days and can't shake it

hello all!  17 days and I am having a very bad day...can't shake this anxiety...still coming out of my skin...is this normal? and will this anxiety and craving ever stop...I feel like I am at my breaking point??  
Hi Sad...

Yes, it is normal.  You will have good and bad days with large variances for at least two months after you stop taking your meds.  PAWS explains this very well and the info can be found on this site.

Guy
Mood swings are common. 17 days is awesome. I suggest taking vitamins. Magnesium is good for anxiety so is taurine and melatonin. Excersise, cardio works too. Vitamin c, and doing a cleanse will do wonders for your immune system. All those things help. Take care!
Hey!  What you are going through is normal, unfortunately.  The anxiety is one of the symptoms that is hard to shake!  Have you tried exercising?

Just know that it is normal for everyone.  You may feel much better tomorrow and then bad again 2 days from now.....hard to tell!  Once you hit the 30 day mark and for sure 60 days you will feel much better!

Hang in there!!!  You can do this.  Just think....is it as bad as the first 3 or 4 days?  Remember how bad that felt?  

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Im on day 6 from taking Norco and it is a bad day.  I should be at work right now but called in.  Im taking Nyqull to sleep and that helps at night! I wake up at least once.   But when I woke up this morning my arms and hands are so cold.  My veins inside feel so cold.  Do you think doing a cleanse is good even though Im having the runs.  I started taking Clartin D on the 3rd day and it helped me. It stop the anxiety!  I was at work and needed something.  I am taking Vitamins and supplements too! oh and tums too!  This is my second time trying to stop.  The first time was in May when we went on Vacation to Cozumel, Mexico I said to myself this would be a perfect time to stop taking it!  I wont take any with me and ill be okay.  I didnt know anything about withdrawals never looked it up, didnt know I was hooked!  I just said to myself I need to stop taking it.  Well over there I was drinking mix drinks and taking a diet supplement guess it helped me.  2nd night I notice my legs were restless could not sleep so I watched the sunrise and I had woke up a 2:30am and ever went back to sleep.  Didnt know what my problem was!  Then on day three I did no drinking just water and sprite and did alot of swiming, Well on day 4 I was sick woke up with the runs and throwing up.  Could not hold anything down, was crying from the pain.  I thought I had food poison.  Didnt realize I was going through withdrawals!  And after that day It got better had alot of leg spams but thought it was from exercising and was ok for three weeks. But then came my cycle and started taking a little at a time and started up again! Well today is my 6 day is not a good one! Yesterday was better today *****!  I have no support from my boyfriend. I tryed to kept it from him but he notice something was wrong, so I told him he said nothing!  Ive taking pills in the past like vicodin was able to stop.  Didnt go through this pain!  Never knew I was addicated!  o the whole reason why I started taken the drug I had surgery and the doctor gave me a shot that caused hot flashes for three months (It was Hell). And my mother is one that takes norco for her illness.  So I tryed it and wow I could sleep allnight with no hotflashs and it helped my mood swings.  Well then I felt it gave me energy.  And always wanted it!  Sorry I wrote a book just needed to get off my chest!
thanks everyone...yes I just got out and went to the gym and grocery story...feel a little better now!
tramahater-no this is definintely not as bad as day 3,4,5, or 6....thanks for the encouragement!!
hello sunshine-where are you, hope everything is ok!!
cantdothisanymore--you must be still having trouble with your computer...let me hear from you soon please!!!
I know it feels bad. Some days are great and others are not.Hey thats life, even without pills! Lol.  I'm going through sadness, anxiety, all of that too. But you have to be strong.
I don't suggest doing a cleanse just yet if you still have the runs.  Pepto Bismol is awesome.
Your husband probably doesn't understand what you are going through with your withdrawals. So I don't think he just doesn't care.  If you every feel cranky or anxious simply be honest and tell him whats going on.
You will feel better everyday, without pills. I know its hard, but your life is at stake here right?  Natural energy is soooo much better without having to take a pill. Keep posting, no worries about getting your true feelings out! Good luck to you.
Hey girl Im here, I was looking into your old post and it was very quiet but I just got home looked at your profile and boom there you were with a new post thank goodness. Im good and what your going through is perfectly normal, sorry but your gonna have good and bad days, more good then bad, your mind it still doing that stinkin thinkin (thats what I call it) but slowly but surely it will get better. Like u said your way better then day 5,6,or 8 its gonna get better and better you will see. Keep doing what your doing keep busy, i agree about the exercise it will make you feel so much better get on that bike or treadmill and sweat that anxiety right out of you it will help.You keep strong girlie we are here for you...Sunshine
Well hello!!! Missed you...sometimes I can't get on here because it brings back bad feelings...thank you for your words of encouragement... yes stinkin thinkin!!  I just want to feel normal so bad I can't stand it..tired of feeling depressed and sad and anxious...but yes I am putting faith into your words that it will keep getting better...there have been times when my mind tells me "well you could try and get some pills and only take one at the worst times of the day"  yeah right???  I am not falling for that little demon talking...I just keep telling myself I don't ever want to go back to day 1,2,3,6,9....I am doing it but it is the hardest fight ever..you know that you are living proof..anyway enough of my rambling...I hope you are feeling much better..keep me posted on what the doctors are saying...love, Audra
Hey guys...been reading this for a while now. Today is my first day of not taking anything, usually I leave it right by my bed so when I feel good enough I get up. I'm pretty scared, but I have got to stop. I can't believe how much money I've spent  and trips I've missed because of this. Can I just talk to you guys here when I need to?
Yes you talk all you want too!!  I was there 17 days ago and am still living it...I know from experience that when you need someone somebody is there...these people on here were my saving grace...stay here or post a comment or a question at the top of this page and you will always have someone there...hang in there!!
hi sad. read my new post and help ( its right under yours) cant type it all again
So happy to come back here and see you still racking up those clean days!!!!!  Been away for a bit but sooooooo proud of you for hanging in there.

Many days it will feel like one step forward and two steps back.  You are wise to disregard the advice of the "demon".  

Keep keeping!!!!!  Thanks for making me smile!!!

bob

bob...hey thanks yes 17 days today...never thought I could do it..today was definitely two back but maybe tomorrow will be better...I am glad I made you smile...smiling right now too!!!  Hope you are doing well...stay with me!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just got chills and almost started crying. God, what have I gotten myself into? Thank you so much! I'm moving away, going back to school, and trying to get as far away from this as possible!!! It's so hard!
Yes It is hard and the hardest fight you will have to fight!!!!  But don't turn back..keep pushing through it...I will tell you things other people told me and it helped a great deal...soak in an epsom salt bath and get Hylands RLS-Walmart and Walgreens carries it...these are little pills you can take up to 3 at a time and they dissolve under your tongue...you will get the most relief from a hot soak as long and as many times as you need too...there are other things people can tell you about but these helped me the most...you will feel as if you can't make it from one moment to the next but believe me with lots of praying (and moving when you feel like it) you will get through those moments...At the beginning of this I had noone but the people on here...and they are wonderful!  When you need something just yell and someone is there.  If you look back when I first started this I was posting several times an hour...so don't give up just post when you can't take it anymore!  I am here!!!...and so are lots of people who care!!!  I have to go out for awhile but will be back soon!!! Hang in there!!!!
Keep hanging in there, I am 82 and getting my first free air for  five years from hydrocone--I had a hell of a rough two weeks--all thees folks helped me hang in just by my reading the shares on their experience. JYV
way to go!!  yes there are great people here!!!
Well 20 days is here and i have manged not to fill the script. I asked the dr for these lidacaine patches and i just place one over the incision and it numbs it up pretty good and gives me the mobility and pain relief that i need.i am going to try using these patches and see how that goes. i cant justify losing this battle i have tried so hard to win.  thanks guys - i know you cant make this decision for me but  love that i can come here fand you will all just jump in so selflessly to help. i believe that every one of you have earned a lot of grace from your good works here. you are all littlerally saving lives with your compassion and willingness to share.

Sad - how are you? I know you say it's hard for you to come here - bad memories but it is what it is and you have survived this far with help from this very place.  you need to check in if only to let us all know how are you. know that we care and i for one worry for you.  hope to hear from you soon.

I am welcoming my three week mark tomorrow.!  Have a great weekend all!
lol - we must have been typing at the very same time. soon as i posted this i saw you had posted a moment ago. how are you?
Way to go! I knew you could do it!!!  I know I wouldn't leave these great people who have helped me soooo much.  Wow, Vikki three weeks!!! Congrats!!!  Love to you and will be back soon...Audra
Sad- i wanted to send some encouragement. Looks like you are hanging on tight, and way to go! I'm 22 days free from norco and the anxiety comes and goes. Lately its mostly going though and i'm thrilled! Keep posting and sharing your progress!
Hey, well you are sounding fantastic. Yes please keep posting even if its once a day I love hearing the progress that you are making, like i said before I wish I knew of this sight when I was going through my recovery these people here are wonderful and honestly care with all their hearts..and I know if I ever get into a jam I can come here and get the support I need....keep strong...Sunshine (Tricia)
Hi! I know this is hard and very frightening but you can do  it. I just found out 3 days ago that I am addicted to Vicodin and Tramadol as well as Ambien. This is going to be a tough road but you have to keep putting one foot in front of the other no matter how bad you feel, how bad it hurts and how much you want to just take that pill to ease the pain. Trust me, taking another pill won't make you feel any better. You have already told your body you want to quit, starved it a little of what it wants so if you feed it again, it will just want more and more and make you feel so much worse. Just breathe in, resist the urge and know that even though it may seems as if you have a long long road ahead of you, each step you take will eventually lead you to the Emerald City *smile*