Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

A Rock and a Hard Place

I'm not sure this is the proper subject posting but I can't think of another community that could understand my "problems". I have what 3 of my physicians term drug sensitivities. I have been hospitalized for, they think, withdrawal from prozac and or cymbalta. Initially they thought it was Addison's but testing said no. I then went through hell when my neurologist put me on xyrem for narcolepsy. I couldn't handle my inhaler for asthma- I would shake and felt all hyped up. Currently I have been getting steroid epidural type injections in my back. Now they are going to try a facets block- but they couldn't get me scheduled for 6 weeks ! So after I moved heaven and earth for the witch at the scheduling desk, they moved it up 3 weeks. In the meantime, they put me on oxycodone. I was weak, kept sleeping, headache,I shallow breathing, etc. I called my pain doc on Sunday to tell them my symptoms- left a message. They never called back so by Tuesday afternoon I was at med-express. My resting heart rate was 112, shaking like a leaf, severe mood swings, etc. They did an EKG. Thank goodness it was fine. They couldn't get my GP to call back, so I layed there for about half an hour till my heart rate went below 100 and they sent me home and told me no hydro. So I was in such pain my husband got the pain doc and they put me on Hydroco/APAP 5-325 plus I'm taking 4 ibuprofen every 6 hours. I am in so much pain I can't handle it. I don't know what to do.. Any ideas ? I was ready to take the whole bottle of oxy I had left, but my husband flushed it down the toilet. I don't know what clued him in.
HI Welcome to the forum ......you have so much going on with your health I wish I new where to begin coming off any antidepressant can have side effect I know from personal experience but it souds like you have a whole host of helth problems and are beyond the scope of a home detox your going to have to trust your doctors to bring you off this stuff we will be here to suppoert you but I think  our advise would be counter productive considering all your health problems let us know what the doctors say and yes you can have withdrawals coming off A/Ds  good luck and God bless.......Gnarly