A prescription to help with Vicodin withdrawals? Is there one? Ty

I am currently addicted to Vicodin ES. I am taking (when I have it) anywhere from 10-15 a day. I have been addicted for about 18 months, hardcore for the last 6 months or so. I have to take at least 5 at a time to feel normal. The other day when I ran out, of course I was going thru horrible wd's. Sweating (palms and soles of feet mostly), agitation, thoughts, etc and etc.
I had a bottle of Stadol NS Nosespray that I had been given a LONG time ago for migraines, and that I had never really used cuz I didn't like it. But I was desperate so I did 2 blasts. And BAM! ALL of my wd symptoms were 100% gone, yet I DIDN'T feel "high" or "euphoric" like the Vicodins made me.
So my question-is there a drug that can be prescribed, that "takes away" your wd symptoms, yet DOESN'T get you high? I think this would be the perfect drug for me to use to finally get off of these pills and take my life back! Used in conjuction of course with other treatments like N.A. etc. I keep hearing here and on the web about "suboxone." Is this a drug like that? I have an appt with my doc on monday to confess everything to him; I am pretty sure he already knows. He was going to call me in a script for some Vics 2 weeks ago-he called the pharm and asked the pharmacist if I had seen any other drs and gotten this med; of course they told him yes and he refused to call it in. I haven't spoken to him since then. Thank you all for your help and support. And God bless our troops!
The doctor prescribed naltroxene to curve my cravings.  You have to be careful though because it blocks your ability to feel high, so if you do relapse you could easily OD trying to feel high.
i have the naltroxene/revia implant . . .after rapid detox the dotor had to call in script for imflamation (a steriod . . yuck!)of the implant . . it had me a bit nervous to say the least . . he also called in script for 5mg valium . . has help tremendously .i am amazed at how wonderful i feel to feel again, and to feel like a half-way decent mom . . i have two young children, , ,,prior to having the script called in i could hardly sit down .. physically exhausted . . .yet heebie-geebie . . i know ya'll know exactly how i feel. .. was using liquid kava-kava and liquid valirian root along with the mega vitimins suggested in the thomas recipe.. helped some ..., but the script of valium has helped more.. .find myself wanting to abuse them .. so far so good only doing 2 a day . . ..i am 22 days of the vicodin/percocet . . and have finally begun to sleep through the night . TYG..... watched my husband go through "cold turkey detox" (macho man. . who needs no help .. yeah right .. he has 17 days clean . . however . . he has legitimate pain . . he's goin to the internest today (something wrong with the inards. . .we think). . has had chronic back problems for many, many, years . .. after the detox . .. all that pain is back in his back . .. he's thinking about going to pain management clinic . . .anyone have experience with the implant or pain management clinic????? . . .am grateful for the wisdom and humor in this forum . .. thanks to all and any comments and/or suggestions are truely welcome.
PEACE/LOVE/UNDERSTANDING
i tried to quit cold turkey. made it two days and feel like im dying. i have no insurence, is there a non  medical way to kick this hellish feeling??? i need help
You probably didn't notice the date on this but this string was from 2003....post your question as a new string and you'll get lots of help from some great people on here.  
I've been eating about 15-20 Norco (10mg Vicodin) for about 5 years.  Prior to that I ONLY ate 4 7.5mg ES daily.
I am married with 3 kids and have a good job.  I now have pancreatitis that they say usually stems from alcoholism.  I don't drink a drop, I'm confident that the acetametaphine in the Norco/Vicodin is what is causing this.  
The biggest problem I have with quiting is that I really enjoy eating my Norco.  I only eat one and a half or two at a time, but it's like every hour or so.  I want to quit so I don't leave my kids without a dad and my wife without a husband.  I would do anything for my family,and this is quite possibly the most important thing I could ever do for them.
I can't go to a 1 week, much less multiple week rehab- my job would fire me.  My wife of course knows of my addiction and is TOTALLY fed up.  
I tried to quit 2 years ago.  You guys know the withdrawl symptoms, so I won't list them.  I made it almost 4 days.  I'm telling you- when I said "hell with it" and took two vicodins, I figured I would feel great.  I did in the since that my withdrawl pains started to ease, but I felt more like I let my family down then ever before!  
I am a mechanic. I beleive in evaluating a problem, following a procedure for fixing the problem and then moving on to the next problem.  
PLEASE!  I need the procedure.  
I am a 32 year old man, I have always been successful, but I feel like I'm going to fail at this again.  How do I fix this?
PLEASE!
hey... first off, I would repost this as a new post, because you added it on to a VERY old post, and you may get lost in the shuffle..

i don't know what to say because you said your biggest problem is you enjoy them so much...  you really have to want to quit!!!

so... i don't know if you want someone to tell you how to "want" to quit (which no one can.. other than to say you'll probably end up losing your wife.. let alone all the health problems you will face, and sounds like are facing already..)

if you are going to quit, and if you can taper down, that's going to be your best bet.  if you taper, then by the time you are down to 0 your w/d symptoms will be easier.  if not, you can still go c/t from 15-20 - alot of people here have, but you know it is going to suck... but it CAN be done.... like i said, alot of folks have done it ...

search "The Thomas Recipe" up in the search engine above.. it will help.  you'll probably need 3-4 days of being able to do nothing (if you can) to get thru the initial w/d period..  also, i've been told that a b.p. medication called clonodine is amazing for w/d's (altho i have not tried it.)  as well, a bunch of us swear glaceua vitamin water reallyhelps during this time (along with everything else...)

and - if you think you need it - you can go get on Suboxone, which is a drug used to get off of opiates.

i would strongly suggest you get some support too.. whether it be NA or AA meetings, counceling - something.  you gotta really want quit man, and stay quit!

i'm not even sure i answered your question... did i??

i wish you very very well with this...
-mj
Man, I didn't really realize what I REALLY said.  You pointed it out quite clearly- thank you.  I don't want to quit for myself.  I know how stupid that sounds, I don't want to continue destroying myself, but damnit- I enjoy the vicodin.  I think that most of us enjoy our "poison", and I don't think that lying to myself and trying to convince myself that I don't enjoy being on Vicodin will help me prevail.  I want to quit for my family, but you're right- I know that I have to want to quit for myself.

I know that I must sound like a real ***, but I beleive in being honest- at all costs.

So, my question to myself (that hopefully you and others will be able to help me answer):
Is it possible to kick this **** for the benefit of my family, even though I enjoy it or must I convince myself that I don't enjoy it first?

Man, I want to quit this ****.  I do.
THAT i honestly cannot answer...  i'm not a long time abuser with alot of addiction knowledge...

my guess would be no though, to be honest.  i hate to tell you that, but it's what i really think.

and the truth is, alot of us got to where we actually ended up hating it - that love hate thing, cause we really weren't getting"high" anymore, just chasing it - so at the end, i didn't really love it at all.   just maybe 20 minutes of it a day...

i think it's good you're honest, for sure.  but man... if you don't wanna do it for you... maybe the only thing you can pray for at this point is some divine intervention.  something bigger than you stepping in...  i'm not a 12 stepper (not for any reason other than i'm.. not, i haven't been on it a long time..) but even CArl Jung said when it came to addiction (at least alcoholics) he even felt that for most, only that - some sort of "spirit save", was gonna do it.

or you gotta figure out how to want to.  i'm afraid if you don't REALLY want to... you'll just use again.

maybe try some meetings???  ah buddy... that's all i got.  i really don't know.

if you don't get more (better..) feedback too, try reposting again as well..

good luck buddy... i'll be up a bit longer, but i will also be back tomorrow...

again, good luck, this is a good place to come when you wanna quit... seriously.  alotta people to help..

-mj
... nah, you're good now.  just repost again if no one else jumps in here... or in the a.m., in case peeps are gone...

Where should I be posting?  I posted this in a few different spots, since I didn't know.  Could you send a link?
I asked this on another site, then read this one...How does Clonidine work for withdrawals? I'm really curious... is this the only drug that would help with the withdrawals? Where do you go to deal with the reasons you take Lortab or whatever to begin with? What if taking this is the only way to deal with what you face each day? Do you get on an anti-depressant instead? Does this solve anything? Does it help? Does anything really help? Or do you just face reality that life "just sucks" and Hydrocodone helps you get through the days with everyone continuing to admire how strong you are and how well you continue to deal with all of the **** that's in your life? Really, I am curious...
I'm 24 yrs old and terrified.  I've already been to military prison for 2 years for drug related charges while I was serving my country in the Army.  You would think that would be enough to wake a young person up and get there life on track.  I ended up going back to prison for violating my parole for failing a drug tests for opiates (heroin).  Once I got out, I got into a bad car accidents and was prescribed vicidin 10mgs.  I fell in love with them.  It was almost as good as heroin, but not good enough.  After the doc wouldn't give me any more scripts, I called my old heroin dealer again and got strung out again. Eventually, I got fired from my job, dropped out of college and evicted from my apartment.  

I had to call my familiy for help promising I would never touch the **** again.  No one would expect all this by looking at me.  I've been told I just look like the pretty, nice girl next door.  Smart, friendly, athletic... thats part of how I justified my addiction.  I'll quit someday and be successfull like nothin ever happened.  Well, I can say that I haven't touched heroin in almost 2 years but have got strung back out on the vics.  It started at 3-4 a day and is now up to over 10 of the 10mgs a day.  I have to buy them off the street cause no doc will give them to me anymore.  $4 a pill.  I work my *** off at a restarant averaging about $70-80 a day and i struggle finacially barely ably to pay my bills or buy groceries.  All I care about is having enough pills to get me throught the day so I can at least fuction.  I dont even get a high off it anymore and haven't for a long time.  

But here's the good news.  This is day 3 for me without it.  I really dont feel that bad.  Trust me i know what withdrawal feels like.  I did it from heroin twice cold turkey without and other drugs.  But this time I want to stop BAD!  This is not how a 24 yr old should have to live or anyone for that matter.  I want my life back.  The difference this time is I've been taking about 1/2 to 1 mg of xanax twice a day and 1mg right before bed along with nyquil and imodium.  Im drinking lots of cranberry juice, forcing myself to eat, bathe, and get outside even if for a drive or short walk.  exercise too. it releases the endorphins in your brain that makes you feel happiness and gives you energy.  I honestly have had very little withdrawal symptoms at all this time.  

I planned this out, took a week off work, and have my wonderful boyfriend at my beck and call.  I wouldn't try to do this alone.  Just his unconditional love and support makes me feel better. Well, I remember the second and third day being the most painful from my past withdrawals so I guess I'm pretty much in the clear knock on wood. I've been trying to think of the things I use to do that made me happy before I became addicted and stive for that life again.  I wish you all the best of luck and if I can do it you can do it.  That doesn't mean I'm fearless, I'm still terified.  But I love my job, my apartment, and I'm going back to school to finally finish this time.  I don't want to be alone forever because of a pill bottle.  **** that, I'm stronger than that.  I feel like if I put half the amount of effort doing good things with my life than i did chasing pills I would probably be a millionaire.  I will be praying for eacha nd everyone of you, Just know you're not the only one going through this hell on earth vicious cycle,  That helps me to know.

Peace and Love
Hello everyone, I am currently addicted to vicodin I have been on them for about 4 years and went from 10 a day down to 3-5 a day(es vicodin) I am currently trying to taper off, yesterday I said I was going to quit cold turkey and I stayed in bed all day, well at about 10 pm, I started vomitting real bad, the runs, horrible body aches and I just couldn't do it.. I took 1 and 1/2, I cannot believe I did this to myself, I am a proffesional woman, great job, very outgoing and the vics made me even more outgoing, I felt like I could do anything on them, well in the beginning atleast. Now everything has changed, I am moody, depressed, I don't go anywhere or do anything and I feel like I am going to die inside..My question is if I taper off will it make the withdrawls better? At first I lost so much weight , because I was so full of energy, NOW I gained 30lpds because I don't have the energy to do anything, I am unable to get the supply that I used to get and therefor I am using them just to get by each day.. I never used any drugs before, I am really feel like I am going to die, I cannot afford not to go to work and most rehabs don't take insurance.. HELP.... Will I get back to my normal weight?? I am not sure what to excpect..what to do... noone knows(except my therapist) just told him on Thursday, I told him I was going to go cold turkey on Saturday and I just couldn't do it.. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED... NEEDHELPNY
It's such a relief to find this forum.  I'm addicted to Norco (10 mg Vicodin w/o as much acetametafin) which I was prescribed after three surgeries and chemo four years ago.  I take 4-5 a day.  I want to take more, but I'm only prescribed l50/mo.  It used to feel SOOO good and got me through so much.  Now I hate it.  It controls my life.  My days are centered around when to take the next one.  I'm 58 y/o with a great husband, two daughters and 7 beautiful grandkids, one of whom is my lifeline.  I'm convinced that my love for him is what has kept me alive through four bouts with ovarian cancer.  But even when we're having a magical day at the beach together, I have to reach for my little yellow lifesavers.  I used to take 2 when I got up and 2 six hours later, but couldn't make it through the day, so I switched it to 1 every 3-4 hours.  There's been no high for a long time.  I take it just to feel somewhat normal and jitter-free.

I'm also on Paxil for lifelong depression.  Works great, but I understand the w/d's are hell, so I'm sticking with it.  Xanax helps with cravings, but it puts me to sleep, and I'm sick of spending my life either craving or napping.  

I want out of this chemical prison.  If only doctors knew what they were doing when they prescribe opiates for temporary pain.  I'd rather deal with post-surgical or accident pain than this addiction.

No one has mentioned this, but the constipation is horrible.  That's one thing that keeps me from taking more.   Anyone else with this problem?

My psychiatrist prescribed Catapres, but I could only handle it for two days because it was bringing back the Big D (depression) that I've battled all my life.

I feel your pain, NEEDHELPNY.  I don't think you should try CD because you're just setting yourself up for failure.  You've already done great by getting down to 3-5 a day, about where I am.  My insurance won't pay for detox, either.  It's hell, isn't it?  I'm just glad to find out I'm not alone.
I was taking vicaden (5/500) for 2 months...  I have NO idea how many I went through in the two months but I know it was a lot!  I am on Paxil and my doc gave me some Trazodone and Xanax.  However, I feel light headed when I stand up and dizzy all the time.  I've felt this way since I quit taking Vicoden (same day I started taking Traz and Xanax).

My question is..  do you guys think these are withdrawal symptoms or side affect from the new meds I was prescibed?

My doc was pretty ticked at me and she didn't even know about the Vicoden I was getting from my pain management doctor.  I had no idea they could get info from the pharmacist...I thought privacy laws dictated against that.  As far as I know she didn't contact the pharmacy.  Which is pretty funny since she kept calling in the vicaden when I called... except for that last time.  As it is... I could still get some from my pain management doctor because I haven't called him in at least a month..
Hello and Welcome!

You are new and do not understand that you are posting in a thread from three years ago. Let's start from the beginning.
Go out to the forum. On the top left, you will see "Post a question". Click on that and follow along. Post exactly what you did here. There are lots of ppl here who will answer you and help.

This post will disappear so you have to start a new one.

Hope to see you out there.
Does tapering off Vicodin work? I've been taking Vicodin for years now and I've gone from; well I can't remember how many pills a day to maybe 2 vicodin a day now, at the most, but I'm having problems getting past that marker. It's mainly due to the anxiety and restless nights. It's 1:07 AM right now and the Xanex only let me sleep an hour tonight and I woke up with my skin crawling and axiety so bad that i am up while my wife is asleep, posting a message. I've gotten past the worst of the withdraws I think, the worst thing now is I just can't sleep. Today I got by with only taking 1/2 a Vicodin, and I felt fine all day. When it got close to bed time I felt the anxiety creeping in so I took a few Xanex. It took me about an hour to fall asleep but then I woke up and the anxiety drove me out of bed. Does anyone have any tips on getting through the night? And does tapering off a drug work. I kept consistant and have not taken more than 1 Vicodin at a time and no more than 2 a day for about 4 days now. I thought I was doing good because yesterday I only took 1 vicoden and at bed took a few Xanex and was able to sleep through the night. Thanks for reading.
What is the best way to detox and recover from vicodin?  My new girlfriend is addicted and niether of us have the money for rehab.  Thanks so much.
This is post is quite old. It would be best if you go to the top of this page and hit the post a question button. Start your own. Hope to see you out there.
I have only been taking lortab for three or four months and I quit cold turkey three days ago and feel like I have the flu. How long does this go on and is there anything that can help. I have a two year old and a husband who thinks its mostly in my head. Please someone give me a light at the end of the tunnel.
I have been taking vicodin for over 2 years now.  I was even on percoset then told my paid doctor that I was ready to move back down the chain to wing off. Of course I said that because my 60-90 percoset was out after 5-7 days. I was on Vicodin 10 and now the ES. I would get 120 a month and they would last about 1 week. I take 10+ a day.  I even get into my husbands who does not have a problem and will take from others if I know they have some. Today I have none but have calls to people to see if they have any. I am sweating so bad and my heart is pounding. I also take Effexor EX but I think my regular doc will need to up that if I keep going without. I want to stop but I have so many health issues and paid problems I'm afraid.  I don't want to have any more pain. I'm 35 and have had 12 surgeries in the last 12 years...you're probably thinking..no wonder she got so used to the pills.  Well, any advice will be helpful.
You should start your own post. Sometimes if you post on a older thread it seems to get overlooked. At the top of the page click on "post a question". Just copy and past your post from here and start a new thread. You will be amazed on how much support and encouragement you will get here!
Brian
Thanks for the information. I've never done this before, let alone really admitting my problem. I've said it in around about way but never straight out.
Yes...people often post on these old posts and it is difficult for the peole to figure out what the person needs help with...some on the forum have more experience with certain drugs and would need to reply to your post
thank you
Hello everyone! I am desperate for help!! I am a mother of four and the burdens of everyday life have left me feeling hopeless. After my marriage went bad I developed an addiction to pain medication. It started with chronic pain in my lower back and then developed into mental pain. The medication helps me deal with everyday life. Kids, laundry, daily chores, and trying to keep up in school full time. I have weaned myself from 8 norco 10mg a day to 1 norco 10mg a day and I feel like I have nothing to live for. Although, I know my mind is playing tricks on me I don't know how to get through this addicition without medical treatment. I can no longer get the drugs from my doctor and he refuses to help me with some kind of detox medication. Any suggestions on how to get through this?? I am desperate to stop feeling this pain and depression.
I've taken Suboxone to help me with my heroin addiction.. I still have some left over. Suboxone is a sub lingual tablet that dissolves under your tongue in about 10 minutes. They usually come in 2mg and 8 mg tabs. This pill is seriously a miracle pill. I don't know how I would have gotten through whithdrawal if I didn't have it. It takes away all the aches, runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, yawning, cramping, anxiety, and craving of opiate drugs. Now, as I said, I used it for heroin, it seems that most people asking about it in the forums are taking benzos or things like Valium.. I don't see why it wouldn't work.. but you have to get a legitimate prescription from a doctor.. definitely wouldn't recommend buying it on the streets. Suboxone is a wonder-drug for those addicted to heroin and opiates.

<3
i have been taking about 10 pills of vicodine for well over a year.  i want to quit badly with little withdrlawls.   please tell me how.  I know there has to be something tht works for the withdrawls so  that you can continue to work and life you life through this.  please tell  me what meds would help please.
Hi, you may consider tapering down 1 pill a week till you get clean. Then I'll recommend-even if I have not tried yet- but will do in within a week, the amino acids protocol-located in the health pages- search for it. I believe is a good design of amino acids, multivitamins and mineral that will not only will help you to cope with the withdrawal effects, but will help restore your body and brain to their primary functions.
My experience is not too good I quit tramadol and vicodin 19 days ago and I'm tapering down slowly the xanax and I have been experiencing nasty muscle cramps all over my back, shoulders, neck and even chest, besides a daily migraine, go figures. I really don't know from which medication I quit or am quiting are those withdrawal symptoms, so I can't point out at one medication. Just taper slowly and get into the amino acids. Good luck
Bob
It seems as though, those dependent on Vicodin (or oxy) have to jump through hoops just to get help.  I've done so much reading about Suboxone and firmly believe it could save, what's left to save, in my life but I wouldn't even be able to afford the perscription, even if I was lucky enough to get one because I can't afford the doctor either.  How are people supposed to WANT to stop, if the road to recovery seems just as difficult as the hunt for a few pills to survive the day?  Everyday I wake up to the fear of this being the day the withdrawals are forced upon me because my supplier is out or I'm just flat broke anyway.  Please, whomever in society makes it so hard for us, lighten up with your rules and obstacles so that otherwise good people can help themselves!  If I could get hydro over the counter, I would absolutely taper off.
I think it's a shame that people would go on sub or methadone for vicodin. I know it's an addictive drug but sub is more addictive. If you need something because you just can't stop as harm reduction therapy, I would suggest low dose methadone. But really this is an old post but it talks about brain chemisrty and all this technical stuff and how maybe they will find a cure for addiction. They have been develpoing one drug to cure you from another drug for 100 years now.Heroin formorphine, methadone for heroin, xanax for valium, now sub for everything. I just don't believe in drug solutions all the time for drug addiction.
My husband has been using vicodin/percocet for over a year now and is now trying to come off. I sat down and told him that I was here for him. He could lay in bed for a few days and I would give him tylenol etc for his symtoms. I know its hard because i come from a family of addicts.  I wish there was an OTC medicine that could help with waht he is going through. I do know that my conversation helped him more then I even know. I helped give him the strength to stop. If anyone knows something that he can take it would be helpful.
I am addicted to vicoden, im having to quit cold turkey cuz its put me in tylonal overdose,, and has hurt my liver very bad, im only 21.
I am feeling sick and ashamed, im finding myself crying to myself cuz i can not talk to anyone.
I dont know what to do or how to make this withdrawling not so hard. It can kill me if i take more but i cant stand this anymore, and i feel alone.
duck, we have been where you are ,it can get better!!!! This is a very old thread and I dont want  to see it get it overlooked .Why dont you start a new thread .Welcome we are here to help you
Boy can I relate to all of you, I just want to NEVER take drugs again, I'm taking Clonodine, Excedrin, Imodium and prozac for my wgd so far very mild but I'm prepared for the worst, I went from 20 vicodin a day to 6 a day to 2 a day now none all in a 3 day span. I'm praying my body doesn't freak out as bad as I've read it might but I'm going to do it!
hello!

i am a nursing student, a former boyscout, and have struggled witht my own addictions.

Theres really 2 choices to get off the vikes. 1. take a week or so off from LIFE no work no school, plan on staying in bed for a week and feeling like ****, then get up and start living without vikes.

2. which is ur best bet, talk to your doctor, my doctor, ANY doctor. They are going to view it as a MEDICAL CONDITION rather than a crime or anything embarassing or bad. They can prescribe something if theres anything to get off it, i would REALLY recommend talking to a doctor and DOING WHAT THEY SAY if you are really ready to take ur life back.

best wishes to you, and dont forget. u DO have support. friends, family, doctors, ME! there ARE people you can turn to! Good Luck.
Thanks to everyone for sharing. I've been on only 3-7 vicodin 5/500 a day for over a year. I have chronic back pain and about every 8 weeks my back goes out and I writhe in pain. But f... it. I can't stand being on this stuff anymore. The euphoria is pleasant and amazing when I am stressed out about something. But I feel like crap all the time and as everyone here knows the euphoria doesn't last long and the bad feelings last much longer. I don't know, maybe I can take some whiskey shots next time my back goes.

I was weaning myself off and on the third day that I only took one 5/500 I got a flu basically, and a lot of other bad feelings, some of which I have never felt before. I took three yesterday and still feel disgusting, so I will probably be feeling awful in about 24 hrs. I suspect I must have had a lot of opiates loaded into my system because it appears I need to be on a lot more than a couple a day to feel normal.

I must not be a terrible addict since I have self control. But, I am still addicted. I used to do smack and coke in my teens. Never really got addicted (lots of my wonderful friends did though and it is wicked sad). Everyone who knows anything about drugs, knows opiates are the finest. Still, if I had a few drinks and was feeling like a retard and someone handed me a bag of smack, I would do a line. As it is, I don't even know where to buy pot anymore. I am basically a successful professional yuppie like many of you. Apart from my notorious back issues, no one would really expect me to be on drugs everyday.

So, again, thanks for helping me not feel so alone here. I am pretty freaked out about the coming days and I am praying and gathering  strength to get through this and I will pray for all of you too.

I have been off Vicodin for the 2nd day now.  I am usinf Fioricet to alleviate the symptoms.  I plan on getting off them after about the 5th day.  I do not like them at all, but they help.  My question is,,,,is this a bad idea?

Nancy
Hi Nancy and welcome to the forum. Wanted to let you know that you should start your own thread. By doing this you will have a thread dedicated to you. Also sometimes these older threads get overlooked so you won't get as many replies. At the top of the page you will see "post a question" in a green box. Just click on that and type away. You could also just copy and paste your post above.

Many will recommend against taking the fioricet as a withdrawal aid. I think it really comes down to if you are an addict or just stopping the vicodin after an injury. But if the fioricet has codeine in it you aren't really making any headway. An opiate is an opiate. Codeine is a bit weaker than vicodin but not enough to where it's worth risking getting addicted to the fioricet. The sooner you cease putting any addictive substance in your body the sooner the withdrawals will be over with. You say you don't like it but that is now. It's all to easy for us as addicts to become cross addicted.  I've read that fioricet withdrawals are worse than vicodin but it is different for everyone. If it were me I wouldn't want to find out.

If you look in the health pages, which can be found in the upper right hand corner of the page, you will find all kinds of information on natural ways to help with withdrawals. Look into the amino acid protocol. It really does help. Also what I thought helped the most was exercise. I know it's hard to muster up the energy to do so but force yourself even if it's just a short walk around the block at first.

Hang in there. You can do this!

Brian
I just want to tell everyone - I too am taking myself off of vicodin addition. For 2 years 5 pills daily, sometimes mixed with other i.e., morphine, flexeril.  I thought it would be easy - nope - cannot take the edgey, uncontrollable antsy, anxious feeling in my entire body like I want to pull all my intestines out! But, I did find help by taking KAVINACE & NATURAL CALM (buy online) - which was prescribed to my husband for extreme panic attacks. This was like a gift from God & I know that this will make me succeed.  Just an FYI for anyone who might want to try it - I don't sell this stuff or have any stake in it's sales - I just used it and thank the dear Lord - it helped tremendously.  It could VERY well help you through also.
What do you mean how does someone take 10-15 vikes a day? It's called an addiction. What don't you get?
Wow, this is an old post for one!  April, 2011.  I understand tough love, but this is a support group!!  
To all of you that are going through this tough time.  Well I myself have been on Vicodin about 14 months.  Like 6 350s a day after my back surgery. So stupid of me I know.  It was such hell when I stopped cold turkey a week ago. Drove myself to the ER and thet helped somewhat. He prescribed Ativan shortvterm for my racing heart anxiety crawling skin. Etc.   I'm finally feeling a bit  normal after a week of flu like symptons. Just hang in there each day is better.  I never knew one could feel so bad from withdrawals
this may sound hard to believe but i have never taken more then 2 vicodin a day....i have been taking 2  750mg vicodine in the morning for 2 years now right after my wifes death...helps ease the pain.....problem is i want to stop taking these 2 pills and get myself clean of vicodin...i am addicted...i cant go too long in the morning without feeling the signs of withdrawal....i read where some folks eat 20 to 30 plus pills a day....i only do 2 and cant get off of them  its probably more psychological then physical but i get all the symptoms...does this sounf crazy or what...ive tried to stop cold turkey only to go running back two or three days later,,,,this time i have 100 pills and im going to ween myself off, hopefully.....take my regular 2 a day for 2 weeks and then go to 1 and a half for three weeks and then go to one a day for 2 weeks and then a half a day till theyre gone and hopefully i will be able to stop altogether....has anuyone else tries to ween yourself off by gradually decreasing the dosage?   or am i just banging my head against the wall....any one who has tried this method is welcome to let me know how it works and if there is a better way to ween myself off of these wonderful but oh so deadly pills.....i just wanna get back to where i was before my wifes death,,,,,any and all responces will be greatly appreciated....thank you in advance,,,,,,***@****    "HELP"
So sorry to hear about your wife passing. It's against forum guidelines for us to give out tapering information but I can say that your plan sounds like a good one. It's a good thing that you have only been taking two a day but I guarantee that eventually you will start taking more and more. It may take another year before that happens but it will happen so it's great that you recognized the problem when you did.

You posted on an older thread. You should start a new thread. Doing so will dedicate a thread to you. It's a good way to track your progress and give you something to look back on.

Be sure to stick around the forum. There are some wonderful people here who will bend over backwards to help you through this.

If you need anything, just ask.

Best of luck.

Brian
I want to tell you that I had been on vikes 10 mg for 6 years, the first few years 6 a day & the last 3 years about 20 a day. Anyway , I found what's called Thomas recipe for withdrawals & it worked. While it didn't take all the WD symptoms away, it really really helped. And after about the 5th day , I started to feel much better. The recipe can be found on Drugs.com, good luck!! Charlotte
Hi. I have stage IV endometreosis and have had two laprascopic surgeries to have it removed. After the procedures my doc priscribed vicodin for the pain. It's been 6 years and I'm totally addicted. I've gone to so many measures to keep up with the supply. I'm so tired of it and want to quit badly but don't know what to do. I'm trying to taper off as we speak. Still uncomfortable, though not as bad as going cold turkey like I tried last week. My only problem is my endometreosis is so progressed that I have unbearable pain with it. On the one hand I want to quit the vicodin and on the other I know I will need to take it again because nothing else works. I don't want to be stuck with addiction for the rest of my life but I don't know what to do. I need it even when I don't have pain. It's the worst feeling in the world. Just thought I'd contribute since it was so comforting to hear everyone else' stories. Hope you all succeed in your road to freedom.
Hi all. I just have a few words.
What worked for me the first time i stopped.
My surgeon gave me muscle relaxers and klonopin.
I had no wd at all after about 4 years @ 8- 10/325 norco's a day.
Then more surgery and back on the pills. I'm doing it myself this time because my doc thinks i will have to take pain meds the rest of my life.
I'm here to tell you.  WRONG!  First thing is the mind.   Convince yourself that life is way better without the pills. Don't just tell yourself that it is.
Stay strong and you can get there.