Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Advice for a year of Oxy

I've been on oxy ocs for 13 months. I've never exceeded 60mgs in a day (10 mos of 20s twice a day, then 3 months of 30s twice a day.) I ran out of ocs and didn't care to use the ops. I had some Opana 10s, and when I took my last oxy on Sunday, I used two of the Opana 10s on Monday. Today (Tuesday), I haven't taken anything. In fact, I flushed the Opana and about 8 ox ops I had left down the toiled. I feel horrible. My back. My mind. My stomach. I'm not sure how to cope or how long it will last. I have three kids - 6, 4, and 2 - and don't want to ruin their Christmas being locked in my room sweating. My wife is trying to help, but I keep pushing her away. Any advice?
They would never recover from losing you with or without the money, hiskidd ... I can assure you that during wds our minds are our worst enemies, it is not only that we feel down and depressed , it is that all our thoughts are sort of catastrophic thoughts and we can not see any light at the end of the tunnel. Try not to over think, i know it is really difficult not doing it but in some days all those thoughts will be different, don't trust your mind now at all...you will see th end of this tunnel and will be in a much better frame of mind. This rebound pain is also hurting you really bad, take another hot bath, whatever you are taking for the pain and some more valerian root which is for anxiety and will help to relax a little but please, do not lose your hope nor your fightiing spirit, today  too shall pass ...
Hi!  Read the Thomas recipe in the health pages. Take lots of hot baths and drink Gatorade and apple juice.  Get some imodium and take as needed. The Thomas recipe has great info for detox help. If you don't take any more pills then you will be some better by weekend I'd say.

Good luck!  It'll be ok!  ;-)
Thanks for replying. The recipe had some comments that seemed helpful as well. All I can say right now is "I'll try." I meant to mention in my post that my oxy was taken orally as prescribed for back pain issues, but addicted is addicted right?
Right!  Or at least dependent. Really all that matters is that you get off of it safely.  And you can do this!  You have to keep a positive attitude all the way through, and be sure you have some good support!
I had enough strength to do the treadmill this morning, and then again a little while ago followed by a hot bath. I got out of the bath with my world spinning and my body feeling worse than ever. I can't stop crying, aching, etc. *****. My wife has my prescription for oxy30 ops. I'm tempted to have her go fill it right now just to make it though the holidays, but I know that is fatal thinking. I can smell the oxy on my arms, hands, breath, so I think it must be at least starting to exit. I hope a couple of OTC sleeping pills will help me sleep tonight. Thank you. You're like a lone voice in the darkness right now. I promise not to burden you, it's just a tough night.
Hey don't think your burdening anyone. I've been through the withdrawals twice in the past 2 yrs and I know what your going through. I'm set to do it again in a matter of days. Your almost there, keep pushing through. For me hot baths helped a ton. Your almost there!! You'll get tons of support here and post as much as you need to okay?
Forgot to mention why I've been through the hell of detox 2x.. I never got after care. Whether it be NA or a counsellor. Aftercare is VERY important in staying clean. It's a mistake I won't make a third time. Hope when your well enough you seek out help. Your making the best decision of your life right now and very soon will feel so much better.
HI Tram has given you good advise tonight might be a little ruff most people dont sleep wile going threw this the hot baths will help out bthe most with most of the symptoms you got about a total of 4 days of this to go threw to make it to the other side..I to got addicted taking the pills for a bad back its no fun being dependent on the pills eventually it crosses over to abuse nere the end I was taking them by the handful its good your getting off b/4 you wind up there right now a positive attitude is going to be the best thing you can bring to the table
hang in there im up late if you need someone to take to im on from 10pm till 12 am mountain time I just had a few free minutes so I thought I would see whats going on....we do home detoxes everyday will help you get threw this just hang in there...I hope you sleep but I wouldn't count on it I will check back later to see if your on good luck and God bless....Gnarly  
Thank you guys. I didn't know someone could get so hot and then so cold and then hot again. And I didn't know how the emotions would follow the exact same trend. I'm glad I checked this - this is my first day posting on a forum like this - and I was thinking about cutting the new oxy ops in half and trying that. This would take my wife going out in the rain to get my prescription filled. Then, I remembered how as my oxy ocs were running out, I started trying to get every little spec off of the pill cutter. Op or oc, it's still going to be some form of the drug. My back pain persists, but I don't need this anymore. I don't want this anymore. I think you're right about sleep. I haven't taken my sleeping helps yet, but I feel so "up" in agony right now, I doubt they make a dent. Here's hoping.  
And thanks for saying I wasn't bugging and all the good advice. I seriously felt/feel like a whining burden, and almost shut down my computer for the night. Thank you for caring about complete strangers. If I get better, I won't forget.
Goodness, you don't need to feel like a burden!  We all went through it.  It's a rough few days, but it's necessary to get to the other side.  Just hang out with us around here!  You will get so much help! : )
I'm hurting. Don't know what else to do. Took sleeping pills and seems like it was taking a placebo. Maybe going from oxy Ocs to Ops will be a way of tapering? After all, they were prescribed and I'm taking as directed, right? Or am I just telling myself that? Everything smells like the stuff. My shirt, my blanket. I'm not hungry at all. Barely even thirsty. Tired of the pain.
Don't give up!  You can get through this.  Nights are the WORST!  If you can't sleep, don't dwell on it.  That's the worst thing you can do.  Can you get up and go watch TV on the couch or something?  Turn on some lights and act like you don't care if you sleep or not!  That is what I had to do.....kind of play a trick on your brain.  Change your clothes.  Use another blanket.  Put one in the dryer and get in a comfy position and watch TV.  The OTC sleeping pills can actually make you more restless if you aren't careful.  They did me at least.  And if you aren't hungry, you don't have to eat, but you DO have to drink.  Just sip on something.  You might also try a hot shower or bath.  

Just some ideas!
I lived in the bath! The hot water was sooo soothing and I added Epsom salts to push magnesium into me to help the muscle pains. And if restless legs is driving you nuts get some Hylands restful legs from the health food store. And a banana or two can help. When the runs hit get some immodium. Just things I remember that helped me before and that will no doubt help again. Wds are just horrible but they don't last forever, just a few days. After that every day will get exponentially better. And you'll "feel" again, not to get too personal but be prepared for your sex life to make a return in a big way if, like many others here, it vanished while on the oxys. Music will suddenly sound amazing and just everything in general will be felt with greater clarity. The pills numb us and put us into a foggy state and when that fog lifts it's a great thing. Also be prepared to be emotional for awhile. I swear I cried at everything. Those corny Hallmark commercials would have me bawling. Not kidding. Everyones different though and experiences it in thier own way. Keep posting and hang in there. The other poster is right, don't fill that script. That'll just prolong it and be temptation you don't need. The hardest call I had to make recently was the one to cancel my pain clinic appt. No more sources means much less mental agony when I make my jump. Your doing amazing and should be so proud. Drink lots of water and I found using vitamins, ester c in particular, helped me feel better. It's a natural detoxifier and very healthy stuff :) I took lots of it and by day 8 I had this glow!! Healthy clear eyes and skin no doubt from ridding myself of the poison but I'm sure the vitamins helped that process. Hope your able to catch a bit of sleep tonight but if not don't let it bother you too much. Throw on a funny movie or just lie in a comfy blanket and listen to some soft music. I spent the majority of my nights in a hot tub with the lights off and just a candle lit with some music on. If I wasn't in the midst of detox you'd have thought I was on a honeymoon lol. Keep posting, hey maybe post about all the positive things quitting will have in your life or just write it on paper to yourself. That can be really helpful in keeping a positive mindset (which was personally my toughest challenge) and the hot cold thing is such a pain in the ***. I ended up just wearing a heavy sweater with a tank top underneath so I could rip the sweater off when needed. And keep some spare sheets handy, I literally soaked them some nights. And yeah that smell-the smell of wd is yuck but a sure sign your body is doing what it's supposed to and ridding itself of that crud. Your doing great, keep posting :)
Last night was hell. This morning isn't much better. My wife generously offered to sleep on the couch, but would come in to rub my back, offer me water, etc. All I did was writhe in agony. My lower back didn't all me to get comfortable at all. I slept a little off and on. I woke up from the last little nap wondering again if I'm doing the right thing. My back pain was so bad when I started the oxy and oxy was the only thing that helped. I'm still in the process of (waiting tor them) getting a physical therapy appt., maybe trying acupuncture, etc., but who knows? It's 9:48am Pacific and I just don't know what to do. I feel like if I go back to the pills until I get those other things going, it may help. I can't take much more. I don't think I can take much more. I would have never started 1 pill if I new what I was getting into. My doctor didn't even tell me about them, just saw the pain I was in and wrote away. Thank you guys again. I'm trying, but I keep thinking ahead to after vacation from work is over and all I have to do. I know oxy helped me get through 2010 in many regards. I'm just blabbling now. I'll post again later.
I'm almost to the give up point. This is horrible. I'm so confused. I'm sipping apple juice when I can and water. Eating a few crackers here and there. I don't know what to do. I don't think I'm going to get better. I haven't taken any oxy since Sunday night and two 10mg Opana on Monday eve, so I don't know if this is day 2 or 3. I can't sleep, get up, get comfortable, stop whining, the works. I'm so scared right now. I don't want to take oxy anymore, but I don't want to be in withdrawals or have the backpain after the withdrawals. Not sure what to do.
HEY, I was trying to look around for you posts, I found them.
did you say you licked all of the specks off the pill cutter?
How funny, this is what I was thinking I should do, take the pill bottles fill them just enough with hot water close it, shake it, and drink out of it. LOL this is how bad I have it.

Last night was hell too for me. I was wondering all night, Is there anyone else out there who feels as lausy as I am? Then I was thinking about me Dr in germany who makes housecalls. I wanted him so bad last night just give me a shoot of whatever and put me out of my misery. (but of cause no housecalls here, espessaly for adiggs)

This morning I totally lost it, woke up throwing up again, and crying unconrolably,
My husband lost it and told me to get dressed and go sit in the dr. office today and withdraw there, so they can see what they made out of me. we had a big fight!
crying crying crying again!

I am so scared of going back to work, on Monday, because I do not know if I can do my job without drugs. I did not take them during the day only when I got home but still Im scared.

Thank you so much about everything you posted so honestly, I think we might even get through this. If we can just stop about thinking about the pills we could take to make it better. It is 11:18 pacific, and yes I also do not know what to do, Im waiting for the "better" day.
OMG I was writing with my laptop on my lap laying in bed, and did not spell check after I was done. In real time I would be embarrassed as hell. but for right now im writing it down as another symptom "bad spelling in the later morning hours"

Yes about the pill cutter. I think I'm still trying to rationalize getting the prescription. I feel so lousy. Who knew something could get inside you enough to want to own you. Monday is a long way away for you. I think if you make it to Friday, you will see the difference they talk about. I don't think so many different people would say the same thing for nothing. I'm right there with you about the typing and the doctor. I thought of going to try and see him, but knowing him, he will say something like, "I just gave you a prescription. You're not supposed to go off until I tell you." All he's ever done is stuff like that. A shot of something to go to sleep would be a godsend. I'm not comfortable laying down, standing up, walking sitting, in the bath, nowhere! And yes, today is worse than yesterday. However, this HAS to be progress. It CAN'T stay like this forever. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I can totally empathize and will pray for you. God hasn't forgotten us. You and I are in this together in a way. I hope we don't fail. Keep posting. Keep being selfish until you get better. This is your time.
I just ate a banana. I keep thinking about my treadmill, but I feel so weak. I wanted to know if you guys think it's okay to take Advil, Aleve, and the like. I took the Advil will the sleeping pills last night, and early, early this morning, but to no real avail. My wife is out with our kids now, and I know one phone call could mean she brings home a bottle of Oxy Ops. She told me I shouldn't take them because I'll have to go through this again. I'm soooo sick. I don't know if I should listen to her or not. I need to sleep and can't. Eat and can't. Drink and can barely do that. Everything is going to shut down after tomorrow for Christmas eve and Christmas. Should I go to my doctor now. Do rehab in the summer?
Thing is you are sooo close to being through the physical stuff. Your wifes right. If you really want to wait and detox later on after the holidays I'd suggest letting someone hold onto your script and give them to you as prescribed.  
plz dont tell me you filled it!
plz pull through this with us! Please (crying) I feel like I  can not do this anymore if you fold. funny thing, I kind of feel connected in some way with the struggle you are going through. Because I am right there with you.
I look at the PC like every hour how you are holding up and it gives me streangth.
I do not go to church, but I grew up in a very religiones family.
I had my christening, and a confirmation when I was a teen and felt close to god then.
Kind forgot about him in the last few years and it is hard for me to find a church here in the states that is "cozy" enough for me to be confteble.
All these years through cancer treatment, leaving my family in germany and things like that, I Knew the whole time that he will not put anything on my I can not handle.
And this is one of those things...........he is pushing me to the limit her, and I told him many times last night. But he knows how far I can really go.
It's so awful
I haven't filled it or told her too, but I'm squirming and second guessing myself at every minute.