Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members

Ambilify during opiate withdrawal and PAWS?

I take lexapro and have been for years and years, it doesn't really seem like it does much.  Has anyone ever used Ambilify during opiate withdrawals to help with depression and anxiety?  I know Ambilify isn't really a SSRI but helps make the current SSRI more effective which I would think would be great during times of low depression and lethargy.

Just curious if anyone has tried this.  Its not a narcotic and easy to get a script for or even order online.  The depression and anxiety is what gets me but I hate taking a bunch of benzos and worrying about getting hooked on them.  Plus SSRI's are not hard to withdrawal from, I have done it numerous times and usually never feel it.
1 Responses
1747349 tn?1332687280
Abilify (you do mean Abilify, don't you?) is a great drug used in cooperation with SSRIs, but I don't know if its use is tied to opiate withdrawals. Why don't you ask your doctor if this is the best course of action for you? You don't want to add another pill unnecessarily especially during withdrawal. Good luck and God bless.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.