Another pain pill question!!

Did anyone suffer liver damage or liver pain from taking them too much?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have to go do blood work next week, and i am scared to find out....i now take liver anti-oxidents, i sure hope this stuff works
r2r
Helpful - 0
I worry about it but do not know...would be scared to have a blood test right now and find out!
Helpful - 0
My Dr drew blood every few months & tested my liver function.  Thankfully, it always came back normal.  I was on 6-8 Tylenol #4 tabs a day for many years.  That's alot of Tylenol, which is the drug that is so toxic to the liver in large amounts.  The codiene also isn't good.  This isn't to say, that someday, I may develop a problem.  I hope that I don't, but that much medicine, for that long....I'm definitlely keeping my fingers crossed.  Anyone who is using, or has used a large amount of any narcotic painkillers w/Tylenol should definitely get their liver function tested.  The sooner any problem is detected, the better response you will have to any needed treatment.  I've been clean for 5 weeks now, and I'm imagining my liver is taking a much needed 'breather' from the years of overtime it had been working.  Lol!  Take care everyone :)
Helpful - 0
We have had a few people here tell us they have had liver problems it can happen ,It would be a good idea to get it checked.
Helpful - 0
thats a bbig worry for me too been a little over ayear of drinking every night and a handfujj of percs
Helpful - 0
Thats how I really realized that I had a huge problem.  My liver is twice the size as it should be.  Here is what you need to do daily whether you are quitting or not:
Milk Thistle- capsules throughout the day
Green Tea
Water
Water
Water
100% Blueberry & Pomegranite Juice at least a little a day

Those things minimized my pain dramatically within about 2 days maybe less.
Helpful - 0
thanks, i already take the mild thistle, but will get the others
good info
r2r
Helpful - 0
for some reason I can not click on your name to send you a pm   are you on someone elses account?
Helpful - 0
mine is calles Liver Anti-oxidants
MILK THISTLE( SILYMARIN)
ARTIHCHOKE
TURMERIC(CURCUMIN)
That are the main ingredients, pretty expensive stuff..But worth every penny if it will help..
On directions it say take one or more capsules a day, or by doctors orders??
Well of course i didn't get this from a doctor...So i take one in morning one at nite
How many do you take a day?
r2r
Helpful - 0
no, its my account.  I really dont know how to use this site yet though.
Helpful - 0
I take at least 2 a day up to 10.  The anti-oxident green tea really helps too.  I am on a small budget, so those are the things I have found that work.  
I also take a lot of B12 sublingual form, and vitamin C
Helpful - 0
I am afraid to get checked out.  I will go for a complete physical in about 1 month...we shall see.
Helpful - 0
AFTER you've gotten through the withdrawals, drive to GNC and purchase the Cleansing Formula.. it has NO laxative in it, completely safe, doesn't cause diarrhea, and it cleanses the liver, kidneys, and safely the colon as well.. I've been taking it for over a year now.. you use it for daily maintenance.. I've never felt better in my entire life! I started taking it over a year ago because my liver and kidneys were hurting and acting up because of the long term Tramadol usage.. The 2nd day I was taking it, I felt like a million bucks! If you go to GNC's website, type in 'cleansing formula' and it'll give you pricing, a read up on it, in addition to naming all the ingredients..
But wait until AFTER tomorrow.. :D
All of those mentioned organs will start to feel better and function better after you take the cleansing formula.. it's NOT like the colon cleansing or any other detox **** that is harmful either.. just check it out, and see for yourself.. :D
Love ya! :D
Alli
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community