Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

CAN A DR. GIVE U METHADONE TO COME OFF LORTAB??? DOES ANYONE NO?

I WAS TOLD BY A CLINIC WHAT THEY DO TO GET PEOPLE OFF OF OPIOTES THEY GIVE THEM METHADONE.
CAN THIS BE TRU, I ALWAYS THOUGH METHADONE WAS FOR HERION ADDICTION. AND ITS ANOTHER PAIN KILLER, AND MORE POWERFUL THAN LORTAB.. CAN SUMBODY TELL ME IF THIS IS CORRECT ?, CAN THEY DO THAT? MY WORST FEAR IS BEING HOOKED ON ANOTHER TYPE OF PILL.
LOST OUT HERE SOMEONE HELP
OMG..Do NOT take methadone..You think you have problems now..that is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. I made that same mistake. Methadone w/ds are some of the hardest w/ds to go through hands down!! Worse than heroin. Ask you dr. if he's ever been addictied to methadone and if he tried getting off of it.
How many Lortab are you taking? This can be done without evil methadone..I have an old post I made about this very issue.i will try to bump it up so you can take a read..
thank you so much for making me a little more aware of methadone.
in las vegas all dr's. wanna do out here is just give u any pill for everything, its tricky cuz if the DR prescribes it ooh nuthings wrong with it it has to be great thats where basically my addiction started. i never saw my self as an addict cuz i had a script  for it.
WRONG huh!!
ive never tried methadone for sum reason im scared of it.
rite now im taking  15-20 lortabs a day. its really bad.  i take 5 at a time.
up til yesterday i was clean well 3days it was a start
but i fell back into my demons and bought sum. i bought 30 pills at around 8-9 pm
and dont even ask how many i have left. i need help so bad!! this website is great alot of people just like me facing the same problems, at least i have somewhere to go and write peaople or just write and ask questions. this website fell rite into my lap no joke i was surfing the net & boom this website opened on my computer. i do believe it means sumthing.  its god way of saying time 4 a change!! at least i hope.. thanx for the advice
oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!!!  

Don't...i repeat   DON'T  GO  ON  THE  METHADONE

Stay away if you want my advice?

Out of the pan.....Into the fire.....is not the way to go!    
Arlene 23.......i swear i did'nt even see you're comment you know?

and i said exactly the same thing!!!!

out of the frying pan and into the fire!!

How about that then!
or was it sandinmichigan????

soz...i'm down to 18mil...i feel like i've dropped a load of acid today!!!!   LOL
it was sandinmichigan tht said that..  lol to funny both of u said the same thing.