Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members

Can you be caught later

Hi everyone lemme see if this question works better. I wanted to know if they can come after me for prescriptions I did before. I am just wondering if nothing has been said or done should I think it is done and over with or is there a possibilty that those old scripts could come back to haunt me? I rarely used my own name it was usually fake names addresses the works. Any info on this would be appreciated.
41 Responses
HEY EVERYONE! JUST WANTED TO SAY I AM ON DAY 4 OF MY COLD TURKEY DETOX. AND ALL IS WELL!! I AM ACTUALLY SUPRISED AS TO HOW GOOD I FEEL TODAY. LAST THREE DAYS WERE PRETTY ROUGH BUT MUCH BETTER NOW. THE ONLY THING I AM STRUGGLING WITH IS EXTREME DEPRESSION. IS THAT NORMAL? I'M JUST REALLY BORED AND BLAAHHH. TO LADYMP72: IN REGARDS TO YOUR QUESTION, THE ONLY WAY THEY EVER COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU IS IF YOUR DOCTOR, OR THE POLICE OR THE PHARMACIES DO A PHARMACY CHECK. WHICH MEANS THEY CALL ALL THE PHARMACIES IN YOUR AREA AND PULL YOUR NAME AND HAVE THEM FAX ALL PRESCRIPTIONS TO THEM TO VERIFY IF THEY ARE LEGIT. BUT SINCE YOU DID NOT USE YOUR NAME, THEY WOULD HAVE NO WAY TO TRACK THAT.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GOOD. I ENJOY THIS FORUM ALOT.

THANKS
LINDA
Hi Linda-
I am on day 16 oh wait day 17 of detox and yes you have been thru the worst of it, are you on the Thomas Receipe? The depression seems to be minimal for me and I think it might be because of those L-tyrosine with the b-6. I also just started a few days ago taking 5-HTP, that may be another reason too. Both natural mood enhancers...just passing info along that others have given to me, everyone is different though and has different chemistry make up. I lack motavation and seem to be obssessed with finding a "quick fix" to my recovery. That's the addict in me though. Live for today the hell with the consquences.....
Keep posting, it helps, some of the depression comes from not knowing what to do now...or what to concentrate on now that you are not trying to figure out where and how to get the next fix.
Peace to you....
Tammy
thanks for your responce. this may sound strange, but i think my depression is from fear of new things. i mean, i used to spend all  my time getting pills, scripts, doctors so on and so on. and now i don't know what to do with myself. and the thought of finding new things  to occupy my time is scarey to me. thank goodness i feel well physically. And no, i am not on the thomas receipe. i have just white knuckled it. the only symptom i still feel is my body temperture is messed up and i'm not sleeping that great yet. I was taking 2-3 40mg oxycontin per day plus 6-8 vicodin hp per day. i didn't taper down, i just stopped. It's the best, but craziest thing i've done. i had no idea what i was in for. Hopefully, i'll never have to do it again.

linda
That has been my concern these last 18 days. What do I do now and I also just got laid off from work on day 11 of detox, so now I have a new way life and a new career to find. I really don't know what to do with myself except come here and read and post and heal. ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!
As I told my boyfriend for the next 30 days I am taking care of me and until I can heal from this I will be no good to anyone else.
See my question from Tues. and the answers....they might help with the what do I do now?
Great job on 4 days clean and the hard way, hats off to you....
See you are stronger than you think and you can do it...
Peace to you....
Tammy
do you mind if i ask, What made you decide to quit? I know for me i got tired of LOSING things. What i mean by that is, i lost my dignity, i lost my honesty, i lost money, i lost feeling, i lost relationships, i lost love, i lost hope. I finally decided i didn't want to lose any more. I found my hope, and dignity and feelings. I'm still working on the others.

linda
Linda,
The pharmacy I went to on the last refill I had left told me they wouldn't refill because I still had at least 10 days left. Also, one night I got really loaded and my boyfriend was a little upset that I was soooo loaded so then the truth serum of alcohol got the best of me and I told him I also take 12-15 vics es a day and he made me clean my stash and detox. I don't think he really realized what he was actually telling me to do and I really got sick so I went to dr and said I am addicted help get me off of these. He gave me a script for 60 to wean over 3 weeks and I had then gone in like 4-5 days, nice weaning huh? Well, then I went into at home detox with catapress TTS and a couple of valium and on day 7 discovered this forum and went on the Thomas receipe.
I was somewhat forced to quit but I really wanted to be free too so after a lengthy explainaton here(sorry) I guess it was a little of both. Forced and choice.....I am sooooooo glad whatever the reason. Glad most of the time anyway. Still have my times quite often during the day, only day 17.
I can relate to the fear of new things, my boyfriend has known me for 8 years and he says I normally suffer from that....sober or straight (he's known me both ways)
Tammy
Again...I doubt it. I think that once they're processed, it's pretty much over. If using fake names etc. it's pretty close to impossible to track you down anyways. I myself would stay away from those pharmacies that this was done at though. Stay strong Lady...Just like ALL cravings, I believe these will subside with time. I pray that they do so soon for you.

FINISHED!!
G'mornin!   I would say that if you ever used ur own name then those coudl come back to haunt u if anyone ever investigates your script hx.  Al the pharmacy has to do is lookk u up in puter and then the original scripts are in a file. So you are safe if you dont give them reason to check into your history!
Stay safe hon..
Suzie
Morning sunshine!!!
  How are ya this morning?
Mornin to you!  check yur e-mail hon.. ok?
Suz
I can't really put any input or advice into the "getting caught" becaue I was too chicken to do that, thankfully or I wouldn't be on this forum today. I was "cut off" from the pharm for refill to soon" 10 days to soon and detox was not a choice. At first. That was the first time that happened. The pharm I went to always refilled whenever I requested. I think they got a new one in that was on to the addicts and that little b^%@! said no refill for 10 more days.
Well, after day 7 in detox I called her and thanked her and told her that the last refill needs to be cancelled because I have a problem with the medication.
Unfortunately, you cannt call the pharms and tell them to cut you off and for that I take my hat off to you for the inner strength you have and have had for the last month and 2 days.
I thought the response from the medhelp doc was pretty good yesterday as well as the posts yesterday. You are at your sis's house and have idle time, maybe finding a hobby besides calling pharms is in order now.
Keep strong!!
Tammy
Thank you for all of your input on that question. I am sorry for being so nasty yesterday I guess just in a bad mood and wanted to talk to you all like I see you interacting with each all of the time. Thankfully I always used fake names I had to always pay full price for the script but in the long run I now see that was good not to use insurance and real names :) I hope evryone here is feeling good today as for me I am just truckin a long.

Michele
I doubt that they will backtrack on you. The pharmacies definately won't, because they went ahead and dispensed the stuff to you. I also don't think they could prove that it was you who picked up those Rx's, unless you wrote them a check (now, THAT would be overconfident). They have to put you in that pharmacy. I'm amazed that you ever used you real name on any of them. I'd say, if you're done now, you got away with them. Keep in mind one thing: they're seldom so lenient on second and third offenses. Take care.

Thomas
Lady...I would give my right arm if you would call me in a scropt right now I am in such pain..if you want my delima today go to top ? section...I have had the worst day...
Linda...I am so depressed today I cried ALL day..I am whooped..I am on day 11ish maybe...lost count...and I am having bad pain so I want it plus bad bad bad cravings....I feel I am losing my mind....
You are better off asking a question like this on a drug-newsgroup. Go to alt.drugs.hard - you will get plenty of educated responses.

The forum here has a limit of 2 questions a day I think, maybe less. It would be nice if we could save those slots for people trying to quit, or in withdrawal...
Actually since our troubles last fall.. it has been limited to only one question per day!
^^^^^****Phil and Cindi...when we goin back to 2 question sperday? thx...
Suz
Bungee...so they wouldnt ask for a doctor ID number or were you using their ID number...I wouldnt think it would be something they could trace...I would have been worried about caller ID or them asking for DR ID number...

Everyone...doing better tonight..I think that my prozac mixed with the ultram I was forced to tkae since I couldnt get my other and I was in such pain was the problem....but I am not going to take the ultram again...thanks for help...
I just got home from a tough day at work and ran across your poem. THANK YOU! It's so meaningful & warmed my heart, as it expresses the sort of repressed feelings I've yet to verbalize even at day 19 today. Bless you, Linda; you helped a fellow addict today. (P.S. may I write it down and read it at group therapy? I won't take credit :-)}
Beautiful poem--such talent. I write also you may go back a few days and find my"Thrills Of The Pills" Your's had so much feeling and soul. Keep it up I've had a few published and recorded,years ago.Do you sing too?
  Glad you posted Linda and welcome. Look for some of mine if my mentioning Jesus offends you I'm Sorry but I can't apologize.
   B'Belt
i was wondering why there seemed to be less new threads posted daily and i guess it did change due to all the drama that was happening on this board earlier. what a shame. even though i have often wondered the same question about if and when etcc... regarding any legal repercussions, since there is now only one thread a day, it should probably be kept for those facing/in withdrawal or in a horrible addiction situation and in need of advice or words of encouragement. again, only one thread a day? that just seems like it will lead to people breaking threads that much more, and in turn having someone's urgent/important question or plea for advice either unread or lost in the shuffle. maybe it is time for people to post seriously, only as often as they have to, and with the sole purpose of trying to help those in need or themselves. saying "what's up" should probably be saved for email or another board. but that is just  my opinion. it is a shame it has come to this. this place has helped me so much over the last year and 'lady,' i really wish i had an answer for you. maybe it would be best - if you are that worried - to contact a lawyer or do some investigating yourself.

and hellbent, as i have said before you are somewhat of a daily inspiration and it is good to read your posts and know you are still there, no matter what the subject. your experience and knowledge can help many, including 'lady' - who i understand was on the verge of suicide a few days ago. if you can overcome your tremendous addiction it gives hope for us all.

good luck 'lady', many of our thoughts are with you.
I think it was a perfectly fine question to ask.  This is an addiction forum and plenty of people here worry about getting busted for the same thing you did.  I'm sure your question and the responses it got were interesting to most of the people here.  I know I was.

I asked all my pharmacies to not sell any type of narcotics to me again, and they all said yes.  Pharmacies will do that if you ask them.  They are better off not selling it to you than risking you giving them fake scripts, etc.

good morning! I've made it to day 5!!!! Feeling better everyday. I'm still feeling a bit of anxiety and depression but it seems to be a little better today.

Esmith28, sorry you were having such a rough day yesterday. I know the feeling. You feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders. Yesterday, the world felt VERY heavy.

I wanted to share something i wrote with you guys, I think it's relavent:

BELIVE IN ME

Belive in me for who I am, the road I drive is strange.
But i navigate as best I can, in the past I've ran away.
Every day I have to choose, to fight for life with all my might, or not and surely lose.
Belive in me for the good I do. Don't focus on the bad
I wear a mask so that no one sees. But the real me is alone and sad.
Today I tend to shed more tears, the cheers are far and few.
Damn this life is difficult, and I feel at fault for your sorrow too.
But belive in me for the day will come, when I will make you proud.
For once i come to believe in me, I'll no longer feel alone in a crowd.
So in my car I'll drive. I'm consious of my breath.
The choice for life veers to the right, turn left and i'll have chosen death.
Believe in me for who I am, I'm more than this disease.
That's all I ask that's all I need, just please try to believe.

I hope everyone's doing good!!

linda
I never did the pharmacy thing, as I was using street heroin and cocaine, but in my experience with old crimes in general, they can always come back to haunt you at some point... even years later. I guess it depends on circumstances and the situation, and on security cameras... If you didn't use real names and ID, etc, then maybe you are safe.

Wow day 5!! your doing great. Good poem too..  it just gets better with everyday.. Keep strong my friend.. Ill be praying for you on your new found journey.   God Bless...   J.E.W.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.