Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Constant sweating

My husband had been taking Talwin NX for about a month for alot of lumbar and cervical disc problems. He apparently developed a tolerance to the Talwin so his Dr. put him on 10 mgs of Oxycontin which of course is not much of anything at all..He upped the dose of oxy to 20 to 40 mgs. 2-3 times a day, he had only been on them for a short period of time maybe a week or so.  Now, since his script is gone he is constantly sweating, No other symptoms, just the sweating,  He did notice this while he was on the Talwin but not to this degree, just wondering if it is caused from coming off the oxys.  Actually, the oxy's did not help his pain mcuh and when he informed his doc he turned around and put him on Ultram and Anaprox...duh.. HELLO!! does this make sense? from oxy's to ultram?  I don't know much about oxy's at all re: side effect etc.  Chad,  you had some major problems with oxy...any info would be appreciated    thanks  love to all cindi
Yes, I was on oxycontin 40mg twice a day. As far as pain relief goes...the stuff works great! Problem is I didn't really have all that much pain. I really don't know what to say about the oxy's. I can tell you this however...unless you are truly in pain......and I mean intence pain....stay away from them at all costs. They do WAY more harm than good. In my opionion, your husband is going through mild withdrawl. I am no doctor but obviously I have way too much experiance with this drug. Everyone has a different tolerance level and can expect different results to this drug. The thing is even if you take them as perscribed you will still face the horror's of addiction and withdrawl. Your body eventually need's them and there isn't much you can do. I highly recomend that he finds another alternative for pain relief. Good Luck, Chad
Thanks Chad,  Like I said his script is done and he is not real crazy about the oxy's...he did inform me today that he also ran out of his flexeril a week ago and this is when the sweating started   Duh   hope you and deb are doing good   keep coming back   love to all cindi
Hey cindi.
    I hear Naproxen, Celebrex(weak), Dolobid are pretty good alternatives to narcotic pain management.  Dolobid will destroy your stomach though.
ChadB (the other chad)
Chad how have you been today man?  Sorry I haven't emailed today, I have been trying to spend time with my baby today, you know, away from those demon pills!!!  E-Mail me later, maybe I'll call you ok?
ChadB
.....I have to aggree w/ Chad about the Naproxen....Naprosyn.  Does wonders for the knees also.  No official studies, but there have been some reports on cartilage damage repair. You have to be on it for a while.  Take tagament or Zantac for your stomache if you have problems.
Hey Chad(other chad).....Is that you>>>???  How is the Music going.  I'm listening to MTV top 100s.....taking a stroll through memory lane. lol.......When ever I am feeling the blues....music does the trick.
Cindi....Just heard our boy....Rob Thomas/Matchbox....Smooth w/ Santana....yeah....love it. lol

Annie
Ohhh Man  Robbie baby,,,,,soooooooooo   smooth  I guess maybe it's time to come home hey how'd yall like to come home to that?  LOL
Yeah it's me.  Check out www.lachoza.tv and then go to the SND page ok?
Later
P.S. I'd like to get ahold of Robbie myself. Yummmmmm Sexy Beast he is!!!
well, how appropriate then that we should talk about Robbie baby under a thread that reads "constant sweating" actually, though Scott Stapp from Creed is a real hottie to what do ya think?
I love Creed........Need I say more!!!
There was this show on FOX when I was in Detox with CREED on it. They played HIGHER from atop the hard rock casino in Vegas. I got chills up and down my spine while I watched that performance. They had these rockets that would shoot a mile high above the vegas strip. I was so excited to know that a simple music performance could enlighten my mood so much. Life can be good without dope. You just have to know where to look! Chad
One of the best shows I've seen live was White Zombie at a place called HammerJacks on Balt. about 5yrs ago
You are not that much older cindi! Rush is debra's favorite group. Personally I wish they would just go away! lol. Joe satriani is probably one of the most talented gutaurists in the world. So yes, I know who he is. My first concert was in 1978. I saw KISS at the spectrum during their destroyer tour. I was six years old! I don't think I was high! lol....

ChadB.....isn't HammerJacks a popular gay bar? Remember Queer As Folk is on showtime tonight........the real chad!!!
Creed yeah,  My little brother went to see them in florida and he said they were great,  I am 40 years old so, I am a great deal older than you and have been to alot of concerts with dope in me and without,  I think the last one I saw, (of course, pre kids) was Rush, they were great, that was without dope,  at first I felt a little out of place but then it was cool...I did see Joe Satriani/Eric Johnson without dope also, but I'm not sure you know who they are  LOL   Life without drugs, is good but remember there is a down side to it all sometimes as well, life on life's terms that is hard to deal with at times,,,,keep coming back    cindi
........Cin  I used to listen to Rock also.  I went to DIO, Ozzy, Journey, Rush, Def lepard...rem. them???  My brother used to drag me to all those concerts......He is the one in the band rem.  My mom used to get sooo mad....I stay in my room and wouldnt eat till she would let me go.  I was young at the time.
Sweating is a good place to post music.  Hey, music lifts depression.......so I guess it's fitting to post about it.  What do yall think?????
Oh yeah......I'm liable to get some bashing for this one, but I like Elton John's greatest hits.  I also like Shania Twain.....Have yall ever heard HER life story.  Also....Brittney lmao......Right CIn??? Just a lil private joke there.  I like a variety of music......Blues, oldies.....rock......classical...you name it.  It all goes down the same way.  lol

annie
Elton John is good, I have liked him since I was in high school...If I tell you this  please keep it a secret LOL   I am a closet Barry Manilow fan  LOL   If ya tell anyone I'll deny I said it.... do ya think were gonna get yelled at for not talking about drugs??
I tink that if you talk about Elton John you ARE talking about drugs! lol......Hey Cindi, I am having it bad right now. For some reason I am really pissed right now. This is the danger zone for me....I have to keep calm! Otherwise...everything I have worked for will fall apart. Any words of encouragement would be very helpful at this point.

Does anyone ever think about the hassel of drugs? I am not talking about using....I mean the whole problem of buying, selling, tracking down, getting scripts, dealing with ASSHOLES! ect., ect.

First of all, when you feel like this it is best that you do what you are doing   talking about it,  you are very very early in recovery...and now you are experiencing these feelings that you have numbed with dope for so long,  think about why u are mad?  what happened?  as far as the hassle of drugs man that is a hassle, our whole lives become centered around buying, using, scripts yada yada yada,  now Chad, you are finally free from all that ****.  can you call your sponsor?  is deb around?  have you been to a meeting,   and as far as assholes go, while the world is full of them,  I talk alot about acceptance including accepting people for who they are, that is very difficult but it came easier for me since I was working as a nurse taking care of a whole lot of different people.  gang Members, prostitutes, and even Priests,  you don't have to deal with assholes, you do not have to do anything you don't want to do...remember you are finally free. maybe if you srite things down like why you are pissed, and any other feelings you have,,,I hope things get easier for you   they will in time,  I hope I have helped even a tiny bit    take care   love to all  cindi
Thanks again! I haven't been to a meeting in a couple of days. I will go one tommorw to try and find some ray of hope. I am really starting to realize the damage caused by these drugs.It's tough to face the reality of life. It is so easy to get high and forget. Well I tried that route and look where it has gotten me. I guess its time to face the world! We shall see.........
What you are going through right now is quite normal!  It sounds like you have the answers already as to what to do about it.  All you really need is a little encouragement.  Hang in there and get with some people in your group.  Be patient!  J.B.
Hi CHAD FROM
Wow... what a post !!! There is a nice middle aged lady in Florida who is sending you healing thoughts and prayers every day. Me !!! I just told Jimenez and I will tell you... healing is your spiritual birthright... you are taking steps to claim it. We are with you all the way.... and if you stumble and fall... as old blue eyes would say.. pick your self up and get back in the race.. that's life !!!

Love, Brighty
COME BACK SPOOK... YOUR FRIENDS HERE MISS YOU... LOTS OF US HAVE POSTED THAT WE MISS YOUR UNIQUE-NESS AND YOUR GOOD INFORMATION.

LOVE, BRIGHTY
....As Brighty said we are with you.  If it doesn't work out, we are here for you.  Don't forget that.  My heart goes out to you for everything you've gone through.  I wish there was an easy way to deal with this.  You are the expert though.  Your experiences, were not useless, for you have helped many here....even me!  .....Your not weak by any means.  I/we look up to you.  Keep in touch.

We love you!

Annie  (:
Awesome post Pat! I am glad that you are going to go back to meetings. I haven't been to one in a few days. It's funny because I start to get really depressed when I don't go. Sometimes I don't even share. I do however think that by at least being there I am gaining something. Sometimes the meetings become really boring but then again, what else do I have to do? I just know one thing. I never want to return to that sick feeling of running out of dope! If I can only hold on to that I will be OK. I will write you some more whenI get back tonight.......Chad from oxadelphia "the city of brotherly drug users"