Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Well I feel much better but it's most definitely my weakest day mentally. I just want to take something so bad. It's consuming my mind. Blah blah blah blah insert more blah...lol Idk... Perhaps this was always a losing battle n aftercare is something I should have been doing the whole time.. good news is I have nothing so it would take some effort to make this happen.  Trying to remain strong. I've got b.s. going on @ work....I actually don't want to go...I'm finding out very quickly my triggers....stress....makes me want to use every time.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
6726276 tn?1421126668
But you're staying strong. Right? It's a commitment. Be sure you know that your d o c will not change stress.  Your perception is the only thing. Drug free we can control our perceptions.   We are here to offer support. Pamela
Helpful - 0
4522800 tn?1470325834
Oh!! Yes them Triggers..This is why we have to change so much in our Life. People, Places, Things, etc..Staying clean takes a lot of Work & Support. Take each day Min By Min and try to re-direct your self from your thinking. Keep going to those meetings and find a good sponsor. You will get many telephone numbers that you can call when you feel like you are going to fall down.
I will tell you right now that Life is no peaches and cream..If we do not get Support and put up Boundaries a person can fall quick. SO get to those meetings and pick up a Tool Box. Ha!
Maybe take a peek at my Journal where I put in "Addiction and the Pleasure Pathway beyond Willpower". You might understand a bit more on what goes on up stairs in our Brain..Just remember too that Addition is a Brain Disease that we get. You can stop it now and put it into remission, But NOT ALONE!!
I wish you peace..The mental part takes awhile to balance back in our Brains..Lots of wiring got tangled..(Sort of Speaking)..
Bless U and Hang in.
Helpful - 0
271792 tn?1334979657
That's why we do meetings
Helpful - 0
Oh no you dont : )
Congratulations on day 19, you have come too far to throw it all away now...
19 days is a very long time to stay clean as you know.
We are all so proud of you. You can do it, keep pulling through.
A massive well done to you !!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.